• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Kermit bleeding.

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
The Discovery is laid up at the moment.
The power steering pipes have corroded and now sprung a leak.
Number One Son has ordered the bits..... So should be fixed over the weekend.

Luckily caught it early and not damaged the pump.

Bound to get snags :rolleyes: :sneaky:

@divebuddy

Cheers Dick.

Yes the autos are thirsty...... Kermit is manual and has been chipped so mileage return is not bad at all.
Like any of the older motors you either get lucky or need deep pockets..... So far..... I am thankful to be lucky.

Also very lucky to have my Number One Son as an obliging mechanic.

I will more than likely get rid once we both retire together.
At the moment its worth keeping for the woods and fields..... Shooting.

Too right buddy. I was sorry to see it go as it was a really nice motor. I am managing ok with the Jimny which is about a third of the weight. Just can't tow the club boat with it (legally)!

Can't go wrong with the Jimny Dick.
Very capable viechle given its size..... So much easier in many respects than a Disco.
Not so much to wash and polish either :D

Good luck with it mate, the Landies do have a bit of a rep.

I think most of the problems are down to poor maintenance and servicing Bam.
Some people think because it bears the name "Landrover" it will go on and on indefinately without due care.
When they are used off road quite a lot.....which mine is.......it becomes even more important to keep on top of the maintenance.

The engines are actually very good......changing the clutch is a task and a half though 🤣 :rolleyes:

"Kermit" rides again :thumbsup::D

Number one Son took it down to the garage yesterday late afternoon and got stuck into it.....bless him :notlistening::)
Took him the best part of 2.5 hours to make the repair.......awkward job.

ÂŁ164.00 for the pipes........living on baked beans for the rest of the month :rolleyes::thumbsup::rofl:

Jobs a good'un :)

Went out in Kermit this morning and was greeted with water over the centre consul and gear shift cover etc.:rolleyes:
Bloody sun roof leaking again :D
Pulled out the old seal I did a couple of years ago and cleaned the area.....now resealed and hopefully watertight again.......got to love em :rolleyes::rofl:

Went out in Kermit this morning and was greeted with water over the centre consul and gear shift cover etc.:rolleyes:
Bloody sun roof leaking again :D
Pulled out the old seal I did a couple of years ago and cleaned the area.....now resealed and hopefully watertight again.......got to love em :rolleyes::rofl:

It just keeps on giving bill eh :whistle::lol: Hopefully it’s fixed buddy:thumbsup:

Welllllll......would you believe it? :rolleyes:

Found some more water in the Disco this morning :whistle::rofl:
Serves me right really....I used some old sealant I had left over.
Went off to Build Base this morning and picked up a tube of CT1 sealant adhesive.......what I SHOULD have done in the first place :rolleyes:
I have used CT1 for years on all sorts of jobs....it will go onto wet surfaces and is tough as old boots :thumbsup:

So......between showers I have now made the repair AGAIN......fingers crossed.....and arm bands on :rofl:

Back