• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Kettle

Ha-ha... Them biscuits

A lot of this is lost in translation, but I'll try.... Africkaans being my mother language, I do battle a bit with the English, but here goes....

In Africkaans Aunt / Aunty is Tannie.

On our local camping forum, they have a thread that's re-started every month, translated, would mean coffee-corner or coffee-bar, where everybody get's together and Kletses That is, talks "morning nonsense"... You know that stuff you mumbly-jumbly-waffle on about while you have your coffee & wait for it to take effect....:sleepy:

So, For month's now, I've been posting, and when finished kletsing that I'm off to visit "Tannie-teapot", and how Aunty-teapot "Tannie-Teapot" always looks after me and tends to my every needs and so on.

Eventually, <and as I anticipated.... See I was laying the trap>! :sneaky::sneaky:

The guys started jibbing me about me having an affair, <which is a bit unlikely as I'm single> and who is this "Tannie-teapot" / "is Tannie teapot a young sexy lady"?

To which I responded: No, she is as old as the hills and been rather abused and battered during her time, but she does work up a good head of steam, which, as you can imagine, brought on a whole other line of ........ shall I say "remarks" and so on.

All in good nature.... It's known that I've always been single, so you can just imagine...... All the other jibbing about Tannie-teapot's age and being an attractive young lass, ......

to counter that line of teasing I said... You guy's don't understand... Tanni-teapot's "intimately" involved with her partner of long standing Mr Baker's.....

And then I sprung the trap, and posted that photo.....:rofl::rofl:

So now when I clock in on the coffie thread I always clock out by saying <in Africkaans of course> Now I'm off to have a threesome and visit Tannie-teapot and her partner Mr. Baker's.....:p

Just a bit of good natured humour ;)

Back