• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Kit tarts assemble

They do look smart, I saw either this or something similar on a youtube clip recently too and thought they looked cool. I'm back to being a good boy and trying not to buy anything.

Very nice that @Bopdude .......neat.....compact.....and looks well made.......clever design :thumbsup:
For you and Rob it will be ideal.....as you guys enjoy your outdoor cooking and put a lot of effort into some lovely dishes and recipes while camping......what better platform to cook on.
I use the same KFS as in the video.....like it.

Kit Tart rating out of 10.........defo a 10 :rofl::thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing.

A great idea but I'm going to get preachy about large fires. In the current climate of hot summers and so called "wild camping" chavs large campfires are very much out of favour with the organisations that administer public access land.
In the words of early bushcraft guru Robert Graves "the bigger the fire, the bigger the fool."

Last edited:
I suppose the most sensible option would to use Charcoal in certain conditions and not an open fire.

Off the ground is THE WAY TO GO.......even when you think you have extinguished an on the ground fire......underneath can smoulder away for days on end.....especially in peat like ground.

Good fire risk management is a must , always well maintained , never left alone , fully extinguished and leave no trace . If risk dictates then small contained , or off the ground or none at all , it’s what we should all be considering ( as @Bopdude and I do every time we go out ) . 😁👍

I used to do seasonal work for the national trust and much of the property was pine plantation with a thick carpet of pine needles, the rest of the property was sandy beach with tinder dry marram grass... You can see how this might colour my perception.

I used to do seasonal work for the national trust and much of the property was pine plantation with a thick carpet of pine needles, the rest of the property was sandy beach with tinder dry marram grass... You can see how this might colour my perception.

Those pine needles are especially risky ! , no shame in being cautious , I could only imagine the feeling of causing an uncontrollable fire ...

I’m originally from the dark peak and now live on the edge of the North Yorkshire moors , the park rangers are rightly concerned with fire safety ...

Back