• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Knife ID please

Woodlander

Very Addicted
A friend has this knife he found in a river, in France, 20 odd years ago.
I know it's a whitby but apart from that can't find anything else about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Screenshot_2020-04-29-09-01-02-1.png
Screenshot_2020-04-29-09-00-23-1.png

Not a clue Jon.

Shame the blade is scratched up a bit......you could remove a lot of that using Brasso liquid on a piece of thick cardboard mate.
Finish off with compound on leather strop......would come up quite well. :thumbsup:

Sorry Jon, Whitby's are a difficult firm because they do an awful lot of importing from other manufacturers. They distribute brands like Leatherman and Eriksson/Mora,
Most of the older stuff that I've seen is badly documented, simply marked "Whitby's foreign".
My guess (it is only a guess) is that it's some sort of multi purpose survival knife (possibly from a neck sheath) that someone lost while fishing. The double edged dagger shape looks like it would be good for opening oysters if you ever fancy trying them :sneaky: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sorry Jon, Whitby's are a difficult firm because they do an awful lot of importing from other manufacturers. They distribute brands like Leatherman and Eriksson/Mora,
Most of the older stuff that I've seen is badly documented, simply marked "Whitby's foreign".
My guess (it is only a guess) is that it's some sort of multi purpose survival knife (possibly from a neck sheath) that someone lost while fishing. The double edged dagger shape looks like it would be good for opening oysters if you ever fancy trying them :sneaky: :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Oysters!!!! :fedup::fedup::fedup:Look if I wanted to eat something like that I would change my sexual orientation! !!! Bloody oysters!!! Mike your bringing out the old man in me!:D:D

I think you're right Mark, if you look at the smallest one in this range you can see similarities.

Back