• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Knife sharpening

Stick it in and ease it out... :oopsy: :alert:

knife sharpener.jpg

Same as Manny says really......the knives I have are used mainly for hunting and wild camping.
As long as I can sharpen a stick and split a bunny.....happy with that :rofl:
For the more purist.....the Lanky systems are popular and good bits of kit.
Woodcarving knives I just use a leather strop and compound....little and often :thumbsup:

I have the Lansky blade medic which is the same ting as u got there C/H but slightly better quality imho ,as its for Mora and Frost knives its mighty fine .If i tried using them Lansky fancy systems i might need some new fingers so stick with what works atb

I have the Lansky blade medic which is the same ting as u got there C/H but slightly better quality imho ,as its for Mora and Frost knives its mighty fine .If i tried using them Lansky fancy systems i might need some new fingers so stick with what works atb
Those Mora companion knives are really good put of the box.
Razor sharp and easily shaved my arm hair.
Cant wait to see how the 2000 grit sapphire stone for the Lansky system can improve it.
Have a few Boker knives, 1 came razor out of the box and 2 folding knives weren't so sharp and need some attention to match the Mora which was a third of the price of the cheapest Boker :eek:

Back