• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Land rover .....water ingress

Matt

Site Owner
Staff member
As the Title say,s ive got an issue with water getting in the the landy :(....
the water seems to be getting into the cab on the top right had corner of the driver side A pillar :rolleyes:

had a windscreen guy out during the week to reseal the windscreen to discount it from the possible ways the waters getting in .....

so my next plan of action is to take the head lining down on the driver side to see if i can spot where its coming in ...

i have a few ideas ... will keep you guys posted on how it go,s 👍

That's next to nothing!

My brother owns a brand new Defender, the last model, one of the very last they produced.
Last week he told me, that after only 160 thousand kilometers he has to replace that fantastic Ford Transit Engine!

Just had a word with N01 Son re the leak.
He had the roof lining out of one and the issue was the sunroof.
The drain tubes from the lug on the sunroof run down the A-frame pillars and drain down below outside......not sure where outside......they could be blocked?

Another cause could be where the rubber sunroof gasket meets the bodywork of the roof as well as the sunroof side which most people seal anyway.
Roof bars is another maybe.

booked in for a new screen next saturday :D.....funny how i can tell on saturday morning next week on my way into work my screens going to crack :whistle::rolleyes: so i can get a new one fitted free (with me paying the £60 ) dont you just love full comp insurance 🤣

new screen fitted today 👍 when the guy removed the old one he said you can see where the guy who fitted the screen previously had missed a few sections with the sealer and he wasn't surprises it had leaked :)

so anyways new Heated screen fitted ....:whistle:

just an update on this .... after the new screen was fitted i STILL HAD A WATER LEAK :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:....anyways fast forward to a couple weeks ago .....i was pottering around the landy doing a few odd jobs and i noticed where the roof rack was sitting in the gutters the main roof join to the gutter had a small crack where the sealer must have split :confused:... so a few squirts of tigger seal and guess what we now have a dry land rover :thumbsup::D

Back