• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Landrover "three Amigo,s "

Happy days buddy 👍 Personally I think your vehicle requires a more farther afield trip to be sure it’s all tick’ity boo. So I suggest you pick me up so I can attend one of your weekends away:rolleyes: then return me to my house.....this will allow you to make sure all is well with the landy:whistle: worth a thought @Matt:sneaky::rofl:

Happy days buddy 👍 Personally I think your vehicle requires a more farther afield trip to be sure it’s all tick’ity boo. So I suggest you pick me up so I can attend one of your weekends away:rolleyes: then return me to my house.....this will allow you to make sure all is well with the landy:whistle: worth a thought @Matt:sneaky::rofl:

you wish :rolleyes:

so this weekend i dropped my trailer off at my dads garage for him to "seal " the sides to stop water getting in and soaking my kit 👍 gets a phone call to say its done and ready for collection :)... all hitched up and i head up the road to turn around (which ive done 1,000 s of times with the trailer on) ... slight laps of concentration and the trailer jack knifes behind me and smashes the rear bumper into many small bits of plastic :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:...

so today ive ordered a bumper for delivery on friday ..... :) ...still spitting feathers over a stupid mistake :rolleyes:

Bugger mate.... At least its an easy fix.
Mine is full of cracks and missing paint..... Keep backing into trees in the woods....... Gates..... Hedges...... I'm a liability I tell thee 🤣

*** update on landrover ****

whistle driving home from my holiday the ns front wheel bearing decided it didnt want to play ball anymore :rofl:
so with much grinding and nashing of teeth (me) we managed to get home ...

so when i got in went on ebay and ordered a new wheel bearing (27th )

today a knock on the door and the new bearing is here :eek: (28 th )

im just glad it went now rather than a couple months time :thumbsup::)

plan on fitting the new bearing on friday as got a plumber coming to the house tomorrow to fit a new radiator and a new shower :thumbsup:

*** update on landrover ****

whistle driving home from my holiday the ns front wheel bearing decided it didnt want to play ball anymore :rofl:
so with much grinding and nashing of teeth (me) we managed to get home ...

so when i got in went on ebay and ordered a new wheel bearing (27th )

today a knock on the door and the new bearing is here :eek: (28 th )

im just glad it went now rather than a couple months time :thumbsup::)

plan on fitting the new bearing on friday as got a plumber coming to the house tomorrow to fit a new radiator and a new shower :thumbsup:
It's time you put that thing out to grass Matt or you can do the right thing and put it out of its misery once and for all

Thought you might like this pumpkin.......
FB_IMG_1604082917742.jpg

Gotta admit to being a LandRover enthusiast myself. But I don’t think I’ll ever buy another vehicle from them again. Not since they no longer make a pickup with a serious 1.5 tonne payload. Their flashy new SUV models all look the same to me. Freelander 2, Discovery 5, DefenderAdventurePack.

I guess the trick is keeping our good ones going.

Matt, your Discovery looks in really good condition. Well done. I’m following your adventures to keep it on the road. Can you just disconnect your three Amigos? Is it physically possible and legal?

I don’t understand newer auto electronics at all. I just know where I pour the oil into the top of my engine and where it drips out of the bottom 😂

Alan

Last edited:
Gotta admit to being a LandRover enthusiast myself. But I don’t think I’ll ever buy another vehicle from them again. Not since they no longer make a pickup with a serious 1.5 tonne payload. Their flashy new SUV models all look the same to me. Freelander 2, Discovery 5, DefenderAdventurePack.

I guess the trick is keeping our good ones going.

Matt, your Discovery looks in really good condition. Well done. I’m following your adventures to keep it on the road. Can you just disconnect your three Amigos? Is it physically possible and legal?

I don’t understand newer auto electronics at all. I just know where I pour the oil into the top of my engine and where it drips out of the bottom 😂

Alan
cant disconnect the traction control :) ... the main issues are when a wheel bearing has play it it this causes a fault to turn of the traction control :rolleyes:.. so providing you are ontop of the maintenance you dont have many issues :zipped:

Back