• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Lanshan 2 3F UL tent.

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
Been looking around for a lightweight tent to use in conjunction with the e-bike.
The tents I have at the moment are far too big and heavy.... and take up too much space.
Some of the options out there.....( there are many) involve putting up a frame work of poles......not ideal when you need quick shelter in heavey rain or winds.

After seeing @Madriverrob post about the tent (cheers Rob) my interest grew.
After a good look around at the reviews and You Tube videos I made my mind up and hit the button on one.

Paid a bit more than the chap in the video......but it was from an English company......so any problems easier to deal with......hopefully.

Lots of people saying the seams need sealing......lots saying not.....think I will seal them just for peace of mind.

A few mods the chap has made like pegs are worth doing.
Went for the 2 man as I need a bit of room to move about.....plenty of head room.
Chose the green colour for a change :whistle:

Hi Rob.

Cheers me dear.....it was your post that put me on to them.....so thanks for that :thumbsup:
Purchased from www.woodtowater.co.uk ............. very quick and good customer care.

I chose the 2 man because I need a bit of room to stretch out and move around in.....not as nimble as I used to be :rolleyes::rofl:
Also I can use one side of the vestibule for admin....and the other side to keep the bike away from most of the weather:)
I was going to pitch it up today......,but cant be arsed.....its too hot be mucking about :D

Impressive following and reviews 👍

Been boying around this morning and made a footprint for the Lanshan 2.
Made from a SOL utility blanket.....cut size 43x78 inches.
Nice and lightweight and very durable.....hopefully reflect some heat back.

Couple of off cuts that I may make use of in the two vestibule.
Waiting on some seam sealer for the tie outs.

Couple more mods to make.

20220815_111406.jpg
20220815_111040.jpg

Got the tent out this morning to seal the 2 pull out points......the only bits that need sealing apparently......very impressed with the factory seals....they look spot on.

Not the neatest of jobs.....I was shaking like a Dog Shitting.....but it will do :rofl:
20220821_122820.jpg
20220821_122752.jpg
20220821_122742.jpg

Been looking around for a lightweight tent to use in conjunction with the e-bike.
The tents I have at the moment are far too big and heavy.... and take up too much space.
Some of the options out there.....( there are many) involve putting up a frame work of poles......not ideal when you need quick shelter in heavey rain or winds.

After a good look around at the reviews and You Tube videos I made my mind up and hit the button on one.

Paid a bit more than the chap in the video......but it was from an English company......so any problems easier to deal with......hopefully.

Lots of people saying the seams need sealing......lots saying not.....think I will seal them just for peace of mind.

Went for the 2 man as I need a bit of room to move about.....plenty of head room.

So..........aren't we missing something?????????:whistle:

If I didn't have enough (read that as "too many") tent options......and owned walking poles..........wow.......

So..........aren't we missing something?????????:whistle:

I take your point good Sir :rofl:.......I hope to put this right very soon.......... and satisfy your curiosity.

You can buy a fairly cheap pair of poles Lol so no excuse........I can see the Lanshan in that lovely Canoe of yours.....pitched on a quiet river bank :notlistening::D

• Wow
Reactions: lol
Back