• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Large Celtic belt

@1 shot willie
Finished the tooling mate (not overly happy but it’s turned out ok lol) took your advice and used the rolling pin , only wetting the top and left it to dry for a day , worked a treat mate, cheers 😁
7E4BB119-27A3-4BA8-9C84-3EFCEA3D5046.jpeg
3326004A-B023-4540-8C71-87B7D07BA0FA.jpeg
5072A8CF-E734-4D01-BB84-F61E11AE0759.jpeg

Mark don't knock it mate 🤔

That is a very intricate and difficult pattern to tool.....and needs patience and perseverance.....you cracked it mate :thumbsup:
Just go gently back over the tooling and blend out any obvious parts you are not sure of.
I reckon your Dad is going to be over the moon with that.....great job!! :thumbsup:

Mark don't knock it mate 🤔

That is a very intricate and difficult pattern to tool.....and needs patience and perseverance.....you cracked it mate :thumbsup:
Just go gently back over the tooling and blend out any obvious parts you are not sure of.
I reckon your Dad is going to be over the moon with that.....great job!! :thumbsup:

Cheers mate 😁

am sure he will like it too 👍🏻

will go over it tonight buddy 😁

All my ideas about antiquing the belt of two toned dye are out the window, the old man wants dark dye …. No point trying to talk him out of it 🤷🏼‍♂️… he commands I follow 😂

Your children will be saying and thinking the same in years to come Mark :rofl:

Would he like a dark colour that compliments his Tartan pattern Mark?........it is a formal dress belt.....isnt it?

Your children will be saying and thinking the same in years to come Mark :rofl:

Would he like a dark colour that compliments his Tartan pattern Mark?........it is a formal dress belt.....isnt it?

Oh my children already do 😂 the wee buggers 😂

Yeah formal dress Mucker , he’s wanting it ready for next Friday for a wedding he’s attending….. believe he’s wearing it with his tartan trousers…or as I call them,,,, his tarty’troos 😂 he’s a character 🙄

That really look's..... and is.... the business @Ark79 :thumbsup:

The pattern you have used on the leather compliments the Buckle design a treat.

I can see the "Old Fellas" chest popping out now when he tell's his friends that his Son made it for him :)
Have to agree with the "Old Man" though.......it does look good being darker 🤭

Nice work mate :thumbsup:

That really look's..... and is.... the business @Ark79 :thumbsup:

The pattern you have used on the leather compliments the Buckle design a treat.

I can see the "Old Fellas" chest popping out now when he tell's his friends that his Son made it for him :)
Have to agree with the "Old Man" though.......it does look good being darker 🤭

Nice work mate :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words bill 😁 would have liked it a tad lighter or two toned but it’s his call , can’t have everything my own way I suppose 😁

I’m taking it to him today at some point, will find out what he thinks then lol … am sure he will like it 👍🏻… he’s honestly harsh and doesn’t mince his words so I’m expecting a true response from him😂 little nervous to be honest 🤔 then it’s on to the next project 😁

Back