• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Larger Hot Tent?

G1ZmO

Site Manager
Staff member
Does anyone have any recommendations for a larger tipi style tent with a stove jack that would accommodate 3 adults? (my wife, son and I)
It doesn't really need to be backpack-able as it would be for car camping
But preferably £200-300 tops
Ta

Just had a look buddy, haven’t read the descriptions or reviews and I’m not sure how reliable the site is but here you go

💰 Look what I found on Wish for a great price!

The Soul Pad tents are worth a look at....... Good ventilation and high walls.... Some with stove jack..... Ebay is your friend 😊

@G1ZmO
fit 1 of these Frontier Stove Flashing Kit. needless to say you would need to make sure you fitted the stove jack so the stove was well away from the side of the tent :thumbsup:

job done :)

or if you want cheaper i do have the same tent (bell 8 ) ment to be 8 man but would sleep 4 with kit easy )second hand up for grabs for £100 has a very small hole aprox 5 mill in the ground sheet easy repair :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Nice tent.......good price.........been in it :thumbsup:

Lot to be said for the Polyethylene tents.....lighter and easier to dry after a good soaking......not much chance of mould and rot setting in.

Easy life :)

Just a thought.

That tent has a lot of space inside and excellent ventilation.
To save hacking the tent......you could get away with using a gas heater (with carful and considered use....... and gas bottle stored outside!)

A plus when open fires are not permitted.

Some good options here, thanks guys.
I must admit @Matt that the thought of cutting a hole in the poly tent and using a stove on top of a ground sheet makes me rather nervous (and I'm not as risk averse as my wife)
We've got a good bit of time to consider this since we're not likely to be family camping for a few months yet.

Some good options here, thanks guys.
I must admit @Matt that the thought of cutting a hole in the poly tent and using a stove on top of a ground sheet makes me rather nervous (and I'm not as risk averse as my wife)
We've got a good bit of time to consider this since we're not likely to be family camping for a few months yet.
nothing a 1mtr square fire blanket cant cope with ... stand the stove on it :thumbsup: no worries mate thought it was a cheaper option for you

Robens have now changed their cloth to 65% polyester and only 35% cotton if that makes a difference?
Several bell tents as have been mentioned are sold with the option of a chimney hole......a nice 4 metre tent sounds about the right size?
Duskydeer is another well thought of brand with a heavier cloth than Soulpad. Blacks (of Greenock) do a superb tent with higher walls than most...but the chimney hole is not as standard but can be added. The clip in groundsheet can then be rolled back wherever you place the fire.
Also see Canvas tent shop UK?
For loads of money of course there's Tentipi.............

Last edited:
Yea Andy, that's the one that Mark linked to above :)

Tentipi! Ooft! Kind out of my budget. lol

Having a look at the others....
Sorry mate, didn't realise, saw it in the adverts that come my way. How long are you thinking of time wise ??? I'll be getting the Iron wall for xmas so you're more than welcome to give it the once over if you want.

there are quite a few options out there mate the main issue you will have is the amount of cash you have to spend :thumbsup:

for £200=£300 i very much doubt you will find a new canvas tent big enough for 3 people ... ive had a few canvas tents (3mtr bell tent and a 4 mtr bell tent ) the 4 mtr tent is the size i would recommend for 3 people and kit and then a stove ... i think if your looking for canvas second hand is going to be your option with the cash you have :thumbsup:

heres 1 buy it now £280 :thumbsup:

Back