• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Last of the fruit

elsenham177

Slightly Addicted
20220502_184513.jpg

My wife has used the last of the fruit from her allotment that was in the freezer to make some mixed berry jam. Just need something to put it on now

My wife puts her jam through the Kenwood colander and sieve and it gets rid of all the seeds, makes the jam a lot nicer. She makes a nice sourdough loaf with her own starter culture as well.

My wife puts her jam through the Kenwood colander and sieve and it gets rid of all the seeds, makes the jam a lot nicer. She makes a nice sourdough loaf with her own starter culture as well.
I make lots of bread but I've never managed to get sourdough right

I make lots of bread but I've never managed to get sourdough right

We had a few failures at first but she's got the hang of it now. She bakes it in a Dutch oven with the lid on inside the main oven to keep moisture in then take the lid off after 30 minutes and give it another 10 to make a nice crust.

We had a few failures at first but she's got the hang of it now. She bakes it in a Dutch oven with the lid on inside the main oven to keep moisture in then take the lid off after 30 minutes and give it another 10 to make a nice crust.
Never heard of that method but I'll certainly give it a try

Never heard of that method but I'll certainly give it a try

Heat the Dutch oven in the oven while it gets up to temp then put the loaf into it and score the top in your preferred pattern, put the lid on and give it 30 minutes then take the lid off for the last 10

Back