• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Leather sheath

Way to go Mark.......good video ye ken :thumbsup:
It shows just how much time and effort..... skill..... goes into a Handcrafted build.....not a 5 minute project.
Look forward to "Part 2"

Thanks for taking the time to post and share mate :thumbsup:

Way to go Mark.......good video ye ken :thumbsup:
It shows just how much time and effort..... skill..... goes into a Handcrafted build.....not a 5 minute project.
Look forward to "Part 2"

Thanks for taking the time to post and share mate :thumbsup:

Cheers bill ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
Definitely not a 5 min project as you Ken tae lol, had to split the video up into two parts possibly 3 lol and there is more I didnโ€™t manage to video. Speeding the video helped to shorten the time also. Itโ€™s a very addictive craft ๐Ÿ˜

Iโ€™ve put a little time aside at the weekend to sharpen the tools (not looking forward to that ๐Ÿ˜‚) I did run the edging tool over the strop a few nights ago and it seemed to have sharpened it up slightly ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Reactions: Bam
Iโ€™ve put a little time aside at the weekend to sharpen the tools (not looking forward to that ๐Ÿ˜‚) I did run the edging tool over the strop a few nights ago and it seemed to have sharpened it up slightly ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

So worth doing Mark....you will notice a huge difference when using the tools.... and the finish they return.
Same as most things...the first attempt is a bit daunting.....you will crack it for sure.... :thumbsup:
With your "Pricking Irons".....its worth dragging them through some Bees wax before you start your stitch runs......will make life easier when pulling them out after punching through buddy.....especially through thick or stacked leather :thumbsup:
When stropping the tool edges on leather.....go gently and let the compound do the work for you....then finally polish on a clean piece of leather......jobs a good'un :)

Last edited:
So worth doing Mark....you will notice a huge difference when using the tools.... and the finish they return.
Same as most things...the first attempt is a bit daunting.....you will crack it for sure.... :thumbsup:
With your "Pricking Irons".....its worth dragging them through some Bees wax before you start your stitch runs......will make life easier when pulling them out after punching through buddy :thumbsup:
When stropping the tool edges on leather.....go gently and let the compound do the work for you....then finally polish on a clean piece of leather......jobs a good'un :)

Just have to get over myself and do it lol as you say the finish with a sharpened blade will be much better, a must for turning out good pieces ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป Am sure I came across a bar of beeswax in the box bill, is that the stuff ?

Just have to get over myself and do it lol as you say the finish with a sharpened blade will be much better, a must for turning out good pieces ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป Am sure I came across a bar of beeswax in the box bill, is that the stuff ?

Yes mate thats the stuff....ordinary candle wax would do it too :thumbsup:

Back