• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

LEATHER SHEATH

As long as it came off the work surface and Sharon hasn't been caused any upset...it'll just make the sheath look a bit more antiqued...it'll still be beautiful with a few coats of oil or wax.

As long as it came off the work surface and Sharon hasn't been caused any upset...it'll just make the sheath look a bit more antiqued...it'll still be beautiful with a few coats of oil or wax.

Actually Mike, she was very understanding.... she only whacked me once πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜‚

managed to save it from being a disaster mate so hopefully it turns out ok😁

Just a thought Mark.......yes I know.....I'm full of it :rolleyes: :rofl:

If you are using small pots for staining......glue/velcro the pot onto a 4x4 piece of thin ply......less likely to tip??

Just a thought Mark.......yes I know.....I'm full of it :rolleyes: :rofl:

If you are using small pots for staining......glue/velcro the pot onto a 4x4 piece of thin ply......less likely to tip??

nope, keep the tips coming buddy πŸ‘πŸ» All appreciated πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
A really need a better work station mate πŸ˜‚ that’s not a bad idea tho , I should have all that in the shed somewhere, might do all the dying in the shed from now on anyway.

nope, keep the tips coming buddy πŸ‘πŸ» All appreciated πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
A really need a better work station mate πŸ˜‚ that’s not a bad idea tho , I should have all that in the shed somewhere, might do all the dying in the shed from now on anyway.

Good idea mate.......will save on the "Cauliflower ears" too................... 🀭 :rofl:

Decided to dye it two colours, this build is more an experimental design lol (that’s my excuse anyway lol) inner design light brown and outer boarder..black πŸ‘πŸ» See how it turns out, you know what they say... practice makes perfect 🀩
D96BB827-FDE6-4EA5-A1BE-813A0319333C.jpeg

The sheath is looking braw Mark.....liking the black border :thumbsup:

You will soooo appreciate your sharpening of the tools buddy.......makes the work easier and so much crisper......you will feel the difference as you work.....it feels good :thumbsup::D

The sheath is looking braw Mark.....liking the black border :thumbsup:

You will soooo appreciate your sharpening of the tools buddy.......makes the work easier and so much crisper......you will feel the difference as you work.....it feels good :thumbsup::D

noticed it strait away mate, wasn’t expecting it to be much better as it was cutting through the Leather before sharpening with ease, but it was noticeably different ... as you say crispier πŸ‘πŸ»

Last edited:
Few snags along the way bill lol, but it’s taking shape slowly.

Writing down the stages before the build is definitely helpful as you suggested mate. still made a few mistakes and I’m not overly happy with the outcome so far, we live to learn I suppose lol

34819C05-EAA5-460E-A462-7EED566F9294.jpeg
0E76E012-4DEE-4FA0-9E7B-9E2459CCBE26.jpeg
7B14349C-400B-47E0-A9F9-0E55B780FDF7.jpeg

After gluing the welt to one side so it was positioned in the right place I found a second welt was needed to thicken it up some for the ferro rod holder, that was some faffing about.
I’ve left the welt with a plenty of excess that I can trim off.

sanding and hole drilling next πŸ‘πŸ»

Not much wrong with that that a bit of trimming and burnishing couldn't fix Mark....look even nicer when the stitching is done :thumbsup:

Looking good :)

Few more pictures πŸ‘πŸ» All the holes are drilled, wet formed the leather to fit the knife 😁 just waiting on it drying to be sewn and a few finishing touches and bobs yir uncle πŸ‘πŸ»

also added a deer antler handle to the ferro rod
61A3190C-3E1C-4270-A6D9-2B9D07C11AEC.jpeg
0BC2E57F-71E4-43E9-8781-DE8941431C61.jpeg
84B2C65D-F5D7-4E28-8758-AE0924E520D8.jpeg
4D45AFA8-7772-4F58-AED2-A7218D64C971.jpeg

Back