• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Expired LEM pellet mould (.22-21.5gr spitzer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ystranc

Administrator
Staff member
I've been looking for one of these for a little while, if there is anyone out there willing to part with one please let me know.

On a side note if I may:sneaky:
H&N Barracuda Match come in at 21.14Gr and are superb for FAC air rifles, very well made and consistent. Perfect for +25Joules.

Very useful piece of kit I reckon, Lead is fairly common and being able to make your own ammo is a definite bonus.

If there are any other pellet mould owners out there I would be interested in different manufacturers, caliber sizes or grain weight pellet moulds, even just photos or information. It could be used to start a new thread if it was moved across into the shooting section.

Last edited:
It is on its way, have fun! I also have a .700 ball mold from when i bought my first muzzleloader, it was a 12 bore Bengal carbine. A rather crude Indian made copy of an Enfield 1853 cavalry carbine it had a 25" barrel & recoil with the 1 1/4 oz patched lead ball was a bit lively & the muzzleflash huge. It had a tendency to misfire which was quite disconcerting as once the hammer had fallen & popped the cap if it didnt go off you had to keep the thing to your shoulder in case it went off later. In the end i found that the touchhole below the nipple was misaligned with the nipple & managed to cure it. Sold it years ago but have fond memories. I will be keeping the ball mold as it is a handy thing;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back