• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

lets see your 4x4 ...

Matt

Site Owner
Staff member
post pictures of your 4x4 so we can all have a drule

heres mine
landy picky.jpg
... this was me and @gavin on the "lands end to john o groats " trip july 1017

Been thinking about a winch on "Kermit" the discovery for some time having been stuck in the woods once...... and also had a couple of near misses 🤣
Be handy for around the farms too when hunting........as a just in case.
Picked up a snatch block to make life easier on the winch and the battery.
Have a nice tow strop but ordered a nice small 2-meter one to act as a tree hugger and prevent damage.
It will only be for occasional use HOPEFULLY........so have opted to stay with the one battery for now.
Sensible rest periods between winching sessions I should be ok.
Went for synthetic rope rather than wire.

"Number One Son fitting it next weekend........will add pictures when done :)👍

A few of my old Pajeros

15951 this is my 2.8td Paj

15952 This was a 2.5td

Also owned a 2.8 Delica

And this is what I been using for the last week, its not mine it belongs to my cousin hes left it with me as I been kitting it out with a few bits for him.
He lives in dorset so left it with me for a few weeks until he comes back upto Wales

A few of my old Pajeros

View attachment 15951 this is my 2.8td Paj

View attachment 15952 This was a 2.5td

Also owned a 2.8 Delica

And this is what I been using for the last week, its not mine it belongs to my cousin hes left it with me as I been kitting it out with a few bits for him.
He lives in dorset so left it with me for a few weeks until he comes back upto Wales

View attachment 15953

View attachment 15954

View attachment 15955
Had a 2.5 paj for a long time until I had a head on with a tractor

I had a hilux a few years back but we gave it up for the sake of fuel economy. It was nice to drive apart from being a little tail happy when in two wheel drive. Now my only 4 wheel drive is a little Italian quad tractor.

I had a hilux a few years back but we gave it up for the sake of fuel economy. It was nice to drive apart from being a little tail happy when in two wheel drive. Now my only 4 wheel drive is a little Italian quad tractor.
But I'd bet that your little quad will go anywhere a 4x4 will go

Back