• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

lets see your 4x4 ...

And more, it's not fast but will lift a half ton load in a link box or run full size cat.1 PTO equipment. It was designed for alpine hillsides

And more, it's not fast but will lift a half ton load in a link box or run full size cat.1 PTO equipment. It was designed for alpine hillsides
They certainly worked it out when they designed the quad

Strangely this thing is nothing like an actual quad bike, other than its size. It has independent rear brakes. It has a pivot in its centre that keeps all 4 wheels on the ground without the need for suspension travel (so it can carry loads) the rear diff can be locked mechanically while the front diff can be locked hydraulically but that makes it a pig to steer. It has a huge roll bar that can be folded to get under trees and great big low ground pressure tyres that take 20psi max. It will do everything that a standard agricultural tractor will do but much more slowly and it will struggle with implements that have a high demand for torque.

Number One Son fitted the winch in his dinner hour bless him.
Did a nice tidy job too.......number plate only temporary for now.

Very nice, I keep thinking of a winch for my Rodeo (well and a snorkel.....and a lift with bigger wheels...and.....aaand) but can’t really justify it (my wife would come up with all sorts of more important home improvements etc) :(
This is my every day ride as it stands and yes I know it needs a clean :)

Having put all that care and attention to her you must get huge pleasure from owning and driving her 👍

Very nice that Paul :)

Bit of an old thread revival I know but it’s new car day for me (well yesterday anyway) so I thought I’d share a pic of my new toy. First ever automatic for me so it’ll take a bit of getting used to and it could do with a decent bigger set of BFG’s on its feet but it’s seeming good so far :)

A89C5935-4B31-453D-BD11-3F4A84A853B1.jpeg

Very nice Bionic :thumbsup:

What size lump is in her.....the engine I mean....not you 🤭:rofl: ;)
I expect you are itching to get them new boots fitted on her.
Lovely condition.....been looked after.

Happy motoring :thumbsup:

Bit of an old thread revival I know but it’s new car day for me (well yesterday anyway) so I thought I’d share a pic of my new toy. First ever automatic for me so it’ll take a bit of getting used to and it could do with a decent bigger set of BFG’s on its feet but it’s seeming good so far :)

View attachment 22955
New to an auto beware both feet hitting the brake pedal if you stop in a hurry mate

I inherited an automatic car which I wasn’t keen on. Then I drove from Oxford to Manchester and realised I didn’t see the need to manually change gear ever again! Mines even got flappy paddles and a sequential gear knob so I can pretend I’m a formula 1/rally driver and 99.9% of the time I don’t as it’s just so easy not to.

I inherited an automatic car which I wasn’t keen on. Then I drove from Oxford to Manchester and realised I didn’t see the need to manually change gear ever again! Mines even got flappy paddles and a sequential gear knob so I can pretend I’m a formula 1/rally driver and 99.9% of the time I don’t as it’s just so easy not to.

Sounds a bit like my Meriva, 6 forward gears that I can use manually in a clutch free mode then tap the lever to the right to put it in full auto mode

VW DSG, no clutch, 3 options; full auto mode, steering wheel paddles for up and down or knock the auto selector to the left and it’s a sequential up down gearbox.

It was fun at the end of my commute on country lanes but mostly it stays in full auto as it’s just easy!

VW DSG, no clutch, 3 options; full auto mode, steering wheel paddles for up and down or knock the auto selector to the left and it’s a sequential up down gearbox.

It was fun at the end of my commute on country lanes but mostly it stays in full auto as it’s just easy!

I usually just drive in auto, just occasionally on long motorway runs I'll run it in manual for better fuel consumption. I remember many years ago when I was at the School Of Inf one of the lads had a semi auto Renault, standard 4 speed box and no clutch

My current boys toy, I have had this truck for nearly six years, paid £4k, and was the best money I ever spent. I have had three pick up trucks now, and just cannot live without one. That’s Monty on the bonnet, a great hard driving Sprocker, sadly now gone.
322B730E-737F-404D-A6D8-D27B09F4268D.jpeg

Back