• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Lid for Dutch army kidney mug

Woodlander

Very Addicted
evening folks,
does anyone know where I can get a lid for the Dutch army mug? Looks the same as the nato mug, maybe a bit smaller. Holds 600 ml

$_57.jpg

I do not think that a lid was ever manufactured for the Dutch mug. :sad:

However all may not be lost ! :thumbsup:

Handmade Metal Crusader Cup Lid/bushcraft/survival/prepper/camping/militaria | eBay

As far as I know this chap is the only person who makes them for any of the army canteen mugs. The Dutch one is not listed but I reckon he is your best & possibly only bet other than having a go at it yourself that is. :)

Good luck & keep us posted ! :thumbsup:

Is that the vid. "Simon, a bloke in the Woods" demonstrates making one?

(been better if I'd watched it first, doh!:oopsy::rolleyes:)

I didn't try it. But somewhere I have seen a video in an ultra light trekking forum, where somebody used a thinner aluminium sheet.

He pressed the material simply around the pot with a stick. He went a lot of times around and formed the lid like this, without making this wooden thing in the video.

The result isn't so strong of course but lighter.

Back