• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Lidl

Hi guys.

Was over at Lidl's this morning.

They are selling some excellent performance "Base Layers" separate top and bottoms.
Quick drying and moisture wicking.
Nice and warm.

£4.99 for the top.........same for the bottoms :thumbsup:
even if it only last the winter at those prices it has to be worth it Bill

They look ok for the money Joe.....I picked up a set for hunting......be good to wear in the sleeping bag too I reckon.

They look ok for the money Joe.....I picked up a set for hunting......be good to wear in the sleeping bag too I reckon.
You could probably get away with that Bill, in Germany I always wore my long thermals in my bag in winter

Any idea what they are made from Bill? If 100% polyester then they would be OK

I was in there last week, sold out of the big sizes XXL :rofl:

Their merino tops and bottoms are back in this sunday :thumbsup:

Any idea what they are made from Bill? If 100% polyester then they would be OK

Hi Lee.

Yes........... said on the box 100% Pollyester.

I have tried them while out shooting.....not bad at all.

I was in there last week, sold out of the big sizes XXL :rofl:

Their merino tops and bottoms are back in this sunday :thumbsup:

Much prefer the Marino wool gary ( Does not smell as much after a couple days activity:rofl: ) ......got a couple sets.....but may nip over and get my number "1 Son" a couple of sets too.:)

Hi Bill, I'm just after a couple of pair's to wear under my combats as a extra layer for hiking about in winter.

I'm thinking the merino one's would wear out quicker, wear the cheap poly ones for hiking about in, and the merino one for sleepware.

Just been Xmas shopping in Lidi, got these towards my Xmas pressies :)
DSC_0489.JPG

Aye thats the ones I was talking about mate....not bad for the money. :thumbsup:

The Merino wears well Gary and does not hold onto body odour as much as the polyester.

Aye thats the ones I was talking about mate....not bad for the money. :thumbsup:

The Merino wears well Gary and does not hold onto body odour as much as the polyester.
Aye Bill, they were the last 2 boxes in the XXL size, they are not a matching set, but they'll do for layering up this winter :thumbsup:

I got mixed up, it's Aldi who have the merino one's in today :thumbsdown: I've got a couple set's of Swedish army wool mix thermals, but they're looking abit tired and I've wripped them, with them been a snug fit :whistle::rofl: i needed some new ones. I might buy a pair of the merino bottoms, i've got a couple of Smartwool merino baselayer tops i could wear with them :thumbsup:

I did notice you had the pink pin stripe bottoms :rofl::notlistening::notlistening:
Bill you are colour blind :rofl: it's a orange pin strip :D I've just tried them on, they are a good buy for the money, nice fit and nice n soft feel near ya skin :whistle::rofl: I'd of modeled them, but i don't want to put folk off their Sunday roast :rofl::rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:.......OK......Orange stripe :rolleyes::p

Model them you say:eek:.............I quite like Max Wall impersonators :sneaky:

Roast :wink-pig::wink-pig::wink-pig: today :thumbsup::D

They're hike faster stripes Bill :rofl::rofl:

Aye mate i best leave it to the models on the packaging :whistle::rofl:

You must be telepathic mate, we're having roast :pig: for dinner :thumbsup::D

Just been Xmas shopping in Lidi, got these towards my Xmas pressies :)View attachment 11694

Now we know why Bill started the thread. . . . Because it was HE who was selected by bushcraft models uk to promote this years outdoor winter clothing range by lidl! That's Bill on the packet! :rofl:

Now we know why Bill started the thread. . . . Because it was HE who was selected by bushcraft models uk to promote this years outdoor winter clothing range by lidl! That's Bill on the packet! :rofl:
Are you sure it's Bill, I thought they didn't have colour photo's, 40 year ago :whistle::rofl:

Back