• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Life Insurance

Joecole

Very Obsessed
I tried to get some Life Insurance today and got turned down

Their reason

I'm not 32 and I smoke

Last edited:
I tried to get some Life Insurance today and got turned down

Their reason

I'm not 32 and I smoke
To be honest Joe I’m not very surprised. Any policy that you could get as an older gentleman with a complex medical history as well as being a smoker would be expensive and full of caveats. Also it would probably not pay out much of a return. Instead you may be better examining your finances with a view to minimising any tax liability.

To be honest Joe I’m not very surprised. Any policy that you could get as an older gentleman with a complex medical history as well as being a smoker would be expensive and full of caveats. Also it would probably not pay out much of a return. Instead you may be better examining your finances with a view to minimising any tax liability.
Mike, have you watched that ridiculous advert where everybody is the same age doesn't smoke and the payout will help pay the mortgage ?

We actually have one of those bloody policies that we’ve been paying into (a condition of our mortgage because they want to make sure they’re paid)…our mortgage is pretty much payed off so they put up our premium. Life insurance is a complete con unless you’re unfortunate enough to die young with a young family. If I knew then what I know now I would just have banked it and been building up compound interest over the last 30+ years rather than funding fat cats and paying for other peoples flood damage.

We actually have one of those bloody policies that we’ve been paying into…our mortgage is pretty much payed off so they put up our premium. Life insurance is a complete con unless you’re unfortunate enough to die young with a young family. If I knew then what I know now I would just have banked it and been building up compound interest over the last 30+ years rather than funding fat cats and paying for other peoples flood damage.
I know exactly what you mean. I'm lucky in that I did 24 years in the military which means the Royal British Legion will be more than happy to pay for the wild camp in the sky

I’ve gone the other direction…I’m going to be buried in a willow basket on the cheap. Balls to religious ceremonies and wakes…stick me in the ground and plant a yew tree on me…..no one cuts down yew trees.

Back