• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Life's a beach..

saxonaxe

Very Addicted
Surely the first day of Spring today, warm later hot sunshine from a cloudless sky and just a whisper of a warm Westerly breeze. The Swans on the lake amuse me, the young Cobs swim around with their wings in the half raised, " Look what a big boy I am " position whenever another Cob comes anywhere near.
DSCF6592.JPG

On the lower lake there was Sea Gull mass bathing session going on. I know the fresh water is the reason they are there, but I think the tight crowding may be for safety. They make quite a rumpus, water flying in all directions and I suspect because of the mass disturbance they are less likely to lose a leg or worse to the big fresh water fish in the lake.
There is a local tale of a distraught teenage girl running to a passerby and saying that a 'Big Fish' had snatched her little dog that had gone into the shallows to retrieve a thrown stick...
DSCF6594.JPG

Heading towards the Beach which seemed appropriate on such a beautiful sunny day.
DSCF6593.JPG

There is a Spill Way built to allow overflow from the lakes. It's been dry here, but eventually rain water finds it's way down to us from inland and today i heard the noise of running water as I approached the Beach.
DSCF6598.JPG

DSCF6597.JPG

DSCF6596.JPG

This is the same view last summer, then the Spill way was no more than a sandy trench.
DSCF6135.JPG

A few dog walkers made brief appearances on the Beach, I watched them from my favourite brew spot. where I was glad to sit and rest after the long totter..
DSCF6599.JPG

DSCF6606.JPG

They don't don't stay long, there's no 'phone signal here, no face book and it's a bit wild too....:lol:

DSCF6601.JPG

Leaves just me and the local folk...
DSCF6608.JPG

DSCF6603.JPG

Something unlucky got washed down the Spill Way and it floated/swam past where Jack waited on the bank. He waded out and scoffed it in the blink of an eye.
DSCF6605.JPG

Excellent natural camouflage on Jack by Mother Nature. 👍

Home the hard way..Up through the sweet smelling Gorse bushes.
DSCF6609.JPG

And the long climb up past the lone Pine Tree, where by chance there is a possible overnight Bivvy spot, but not until I can kneel down properly as it's too difficult getting down to deck level to wriggle into a sleeping bag at the moment. Soon though. :D
DSCF6610.JPG

Back