• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Life's little lessons...

Milk in porridge :fedup:, that's just wrong.
No! No! No! boys your doing it all wrong!
1 Cup of pinhead (fine) oatmeal, 1. 5 cups of milk, 0.5 cup of double cream. While that's doing its thing on the hob, Stew some apple with sultanas, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of cinnamon. Serve in a deep bowl, add your apple mix, and pour over another 0.5 cup of double cream. That's porridge!
@saxonaxe try replacing your milk with double cream on your cornflakes… it speaks for itself.

1 Cup of pinhead (fine) oatmeal, 1. 5 cups of milk, 0.5 cup of double cream. While that's doing its thing on the hob, Stew some apple with sultanas, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of cinnamon. Serve in a deep bowl, add your apple mix, and pour over another 0.5 cup of double cream. That's porridge!
@saxonaxe try replacing your milk with double cream on your cornflakes… it speaks for itself.
or baileys.....

no no no woody 🤷🏼‍♂️ That’s fine dining 😂

no no no woody 🤷🏼‍♂️ That’s fine dining 😂
Yes it is 😂😂
On the dairy farm I used to work on years ago that's what you would have, it was either porridge or cornflakes and a big pitcher of fresh from the cow double cream, still have it that way today, it is heart attack in a bowl, but I have a high metabolism and perfect cholesterol levels :):)

" 1 Cup of pinhead (fine) oatmeal, 1. 5 cups of milk, 0.5 cup of double cream. While that's doing its thing on the hob, Stew some apple with sultanas, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of cinnamon. "

Good grief Woody !! Any more than 3 ingredients to any meal and that's a job for someone else to cook as far as I'm concerned. Although having said that someone did give me a recipe book once and I did use it.
The Kitchen table was wobbly so I stuck the recipe book under a table leg...result..level table. So I have actually used a recipe book....:lol:

" 1 Cup of pinhead (fine) oatmeal, 1. 5 cups of milk, 0.5 cup of double cream. While that's doing its thing on the hob, Stew some apple with sultanas, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of cinnamon. "

Good grief Woody !! Any more than 3 ingredients to any meal and that's a job for someone else to cook as far as I'm concerned. Although having said that someone did give me a recipe book once and I did use it.
The Kitchen table was wobbly so I stuck the recipe book under a table leg...result..level table. So I have actually used a recipe book....:lol:
Oh mate.... I'm far from an expert but you're missing out on one of life's great pleasures..... cooking. Whether in the home or out in the woods (I prefer the woods of course) being able to knock out a reasonable scran is a joy.

I've always been the same Bam. It's not just food with me it's almost everything in life, I love simplicity, basic uncomplicated things. If I ever became a millionaire and went to eat at the Ritz..I'd have egg and chips. Food is just fuel to me, I don't sandpaper firewood and give it 3 coats of varnish before I chuck it on the fire and I don't ponce about adding garnishes or twiddling with ingredients, not when I can dump a boil in the bag in hot water..... I'd rather spend my time when in the woods watching the life around me or tracking something, than knocking up a 3 course meal..:D

I watched a You Tube Bush Craft bloke the other day, he cooked some meat with all sorts on stuff sprinkled on it and then said, " I'll let the meat rest for a while"..... Rest !! Stop mincing about and get it down your neck... :rofl:

A do love simplicity 😁 mince and tatties, spag bowl, homemade mack,cheese. Egg chips and sausages. But when it comes to steak, the let it rest idea is a well thought out approach to a mouthful of happiness 😁😁 and with steak a still keep it simple.

rib eye
Season both sides first with Lemmon juice then salt and pepper and slap it on the bbq 5 min each side, let it rest for 5 min num num num 😁

I tried cooking steak once. It came in a polystyrene tray with cling film over it. Chucked it in the frying pan and went into the sitting room. Chatting away when my Mrs said..." Somethings burning !"......" Can't be I said, I've only just put it on the gas.
Kitchen stinks, blue smoke, frying pan on fire....Apparently they put a piece of paper in the tray which sticks to the meat and catches fire when you cook it.
Banned from the kitchen unless supervised...and I was only trying to help... :lol:

Back