• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Lightening The Load !

well just bought a 3x3 DD camo tarp which is about quarter the weight of my big yuzet tarp but immediately bought a czech officers bedroll which is on the heavy side:mad: I can't win really

well just bought a 3x3 DD camo tarp which is about quarter the weight of my big yuzet tarp but immediately bought a czech officers bedroll which is on the heavy side:mad: I can't win really

NOOooooo, DD are doing a group buy over on BCUK, 20% off of a lot of gear, sorry for the late heads up :(

Thanks mate, 2 venue's in mind, I'll see where Son of wants to go, 1 coastal, with the option to hang, Runswick Bay, my fave spot, and 1 woodland, Brockwell Woods, another great spot.

Remember without pics it didn't happen lol

It is simply necessary to watch the balance, if you buy Equipment.

This CZ officers bed roll you could throw behind me, I would not take it!
Even in a Defender 110 it would be bulky!

And it is necessary to know the weight of every piece of the own Equipment.That is the first step to lighten the load.

You simply need a list with every piece in the rucksack and you have to write down its weight.
A cheap Primark T-Shirt weights round about 50% from an expensive one.

The well working black Decathlon Rain Cut Jacket costs 7£ and weights only 197g in size L.

What is the weight of your rain Jacket?
What was it's price?

There are a lot of light weight solutions on the market which do not cost a lot of money!
And it isn't so difficult to find that options. Have a look on the Ultralight trekking forum, I never looked in the British jet, but surely they will discuss there cheap light weigt equipment between incredible expensive Cuben Tarps and so on.

Next time I will try to write you a list of cheap Ultralight material that I tested after I surched for light oliv green equipment. I just have a long list, but in german language with prices in €. I will see that I translate it in English, and than I will write it in here in your forum.

Now a days it is no problem to buy a compleed 3 seasons hiking equipment for 300 € with 6 Kilogramm weigt of the packed rucksack (plus water, food and fuel) for 400€ you can get it with leather boots.

It is simply necessary to stop collecting WW 2 Equipment or the even heavier Equipment of the cold war.

Modern light weigt Equipment now a days is offered at every corner!

Back