• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Lighting option

Bam

Extremely Addicted
Don't know if its of any use or interest to anyone but I've a few of these, they're handy either camping or if the lights go out for a period of time. Brambling put me on to them and they're pretty cheap.

I've used a male to female cable to provide the connection (I've got a few 3m ones for flexibility). Something like this although have just noticed the price, you can get them wayyyyyy cheaper.

Fasgear USB 2.0 Extension Cable - A Male to A Female: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

and a power bank. I've just tried it on this Anker (10000MaH).

Anker PowerCore 10000mAh Power Bank, Small & Light Portable Charger, Ultra-Compact External Battery with Fast-Charging Technology for iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, and More: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

I got about 8 hours out of it today and I'll be running the same drill with different power banks. They're bright enough for a tent/tarp or to provide light in a room (I hang it off the mains light if needed) or wherever I can hang them in a bothy.

Ah! I've been looking for occasional lighting for a 20 x 8 foot container that I rent, and I've got one of those Power Bank Gizmos too.....Granddaughter bought it for me because she was flapping that my 'phone might die when I was sculling about alone in the Boondocks.( Didn't tell her there's no 'phone signal here)....:lol:

Good idea Bam.. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Bam
Glad you have some too, can't rate them enough. I have a few and as you know, I use small bulldog clips to keep the cable out of the way in the pavilion.They are the bits.

Glad you have some too, can't rate them enough. I have a few and as you know, I use small bulldog clips to keep the cable out of the way in the pavilion.They are the bits.

Got some smaller ones too and some battery powered alternatives, best to have options. ;)

Ah! I've been looking for occasional lighting for a 20 x 8 foot container that I rent, and I've got one of those Power Bank Gizmos too.....Granddaughter bought it for me because she was flapping that my 'phone might die when I was sculling about alone in the Boondocks.( Didn't tell her there's no 'phone signal here)....:lol:

I'm a big fan of power banks Saxonaxe, you can get them fairly cheaply and apart from recharging the phone there is a lot of things that can be run off them.

This one is called a PC 7 but there's no makers name on it. I've never used it but it's got a solar panel on it so I can hang it on my Bergan to charge it up if need be. 5000 mAh apparently..

If you were looking to have it as a semi permanent arrangement you can get these too.

2x Male to Female USB Cable ON/OFF Switch Extension USB Cord for LED Strip | eBay

I've been using some Poundshop christmas lights - run off 2 AA batteries but last for ever. Lots of light and you can wrap them around the ridge line.

"If you were looking to have it as a semi permanent arrangement you can get these too."

Thanks Bam, those switches/leads will make it even easier and save me clambering over junk....err useful kit I may need one day..:D

They are good, a good light given off them, I've been using one for about 3 years :)

I am quite a big fan of the Quechua brand they are made in France not imported chinease (so they claim) being a dynamo gives that extra option , have plenty of power banks.

Back