• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Lightning strike

G1ZmO

Site Manager
Staff member
Yesterday evening we had a lightning strike very close to our house. We were out at the time but when we got home we discovered that our internet router, TV box and TV were all dead.
It seems to have happened to many houses in our street. Some have lost their phonelines and other home electrical items.
I still have my phone for internet access (now tethered my PC through it to use my PC which I'm relieved to say has not been affected :) )
Just shows how fragile our communication systems are eh?

Not good Paul. Good that yous wasn’t home right enough. I remember our house got struck with lightning....scary and loud. Fried the electrics. Tv stereo etc. Hopefully you have minimal damages mate and easy fixes :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear it mate, will the insurance cover things or is it 'an act of God' ???

Pretty sure its just the tv and virgin boxes that got fried. PCs seem ok but have been unable to test the network and server until the router gets replaced. From the sound of it we got off lightly compared to others in the street.

Pretty sure its just the tv and virgin boxes that got fried. PCs seem ok but have been unable to test the network and server until the router gets replaced. From the sound of it we got off lightly compared to others in the street.

Hope things get back to normal soon mate ! đź‘Ť

You & Mel might have to introduce Daniel to something called a board (Bored) game. :D

He will love that ! :rofl:

Hope things get back to normal soon mate ! đź‘Ť

You & Mel might have to introduce Daniel to something called a board (Bored) game. :D

He will love that ! :rofl:

Oooooh, go for Risk, for this swingin' cat the best board game EVAH !

Realised tonight that the printer's network port is faulty too. So there's another casualty. Pretty sure that's the end of it. hahaha :lol:

Back