• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Lightweight Hammock

Madriverrob

Extremely Addicted
I have a DD Travel Hammock (930g) and DD 3x3 Tarp (790g) plus guys and pegs etc , that works fine on extended trips . Its pack size and weight worry me a little as its not so compact ( currently all stored in a 20 litre dry bag ) .

I would like a lightweight hammock option and have been considering .........

Snugpak tropical hammock ( £30 and 600g)
DD scout ( £17 and 500g)
DD superlight ( £55 and 280g)
Ticket to moon compact ( £35 and 500g)
Eno ultralight sub 6 ( £55 and around 170g)
Eno Single nest ( £48 and 450g)

Any advice or other options would be greatly appreciated as I'm caught out by the choice and price ranges ........
I'm not against having one made if the price and weight are right .......

I can't comment on any other than the DD superlight which I have and use, packs really small BUT, you don't get a lot of space in it, enough but only enough, still, I wouldn't let that put you off, I sleep ok in it, I'll be taking it on Saturday so will take a couple of pics :)

I can't comment on any other than the DD superlight which I have and use, packs really small BUT, you don't get a lot of space in it, enough but only enough, still, I wouldn't let that put you off, I sleep ok in it, I'll be taking it on Saturday so will take a couple of pics :)

Thanks Al , weight wise its a good option , I might compare its size to the eno ultralight and see which has more space .......

The Eno ultralight sub 6 is 8 feet 9 inches long and 3 feet 11 inches wide .
The DD superlight is 8 feet 10 inches long and 4 feet 7 inches wide.
I guess that's how they save the weight .

Just a thought Rob.....The 4 foot 7 inch may be worth a look at..........it will offer more room for diagonal sleeping.......a more comfortable lay?

I can't tell you to much.
But I think, you should write how tall you are and your weight.

Back