• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Lightweight wild camp set up...not!

...and I thought everyone here was rufty tufty bushcrafters, making 4 season shelters out of 2 blades of grass, and harnessing lightning bolts for roasting rabbits..... (where there are no mammoths to be snared on knicker elastic...)

I thought , despite the lavvu, I was the woos...…?:rofl:

Don't ask me why I did it , but everyone reckons they're the biz., so I put my hand into the flame, and bought 2 nd hand, a dutch pyramid tent........
Why, coz I love my bell tent? But they do look cool, but...….
Anyway, it is bloody MASSIVE and HEAVY! The poles and numbers of pegs, hundreds of the bloody things! The fully cotton canvas is superb, around 300 g/m?? Stitching fabulous.....but erecting it? Well haven't succeeded as yet :(:mad::confused::rofl:, so not sure what it adds or could add over the bell tent, but what the hell, I will persevere till I get to actually try it...…….

But if anyone is desperate for one of these tents, as my justification for it is tenuous at best, give me a shout and we'll have a chat.
For all that a stunning thing....I think???:confused:

Its called a de Vrijbuiter Japio Pyramide 6.....I think.....or 4......

Don't ask me why I did it , but everyone reckons they're the biz., so I put my hand into the flame, and bought 2 nd hand, a dutch pyramid tent........
Why, coz I love my bell tent? But they do look cool, but...….
Anyway, it is bloody MASSIVE and HEAVY! The poles and numbers of pegs, hundreds of the bloody things! The fully cotton canvas is superb, around 300 g/m?? Stitching fabulous.....but erecting it? Well haven't succeeded as yet :(:mad::confused::rofl:, so not sure what it adds or could add over the bell tent, but what the hell, I will persevere till I get to actually try it...…….

But if anyone is desperate for one of these tents, as my justification for it is tenuous at best, give me a shout and we'll have a chat.
For all that a stunning thing....I think???:confused:

Its called a de Vrijbuiter Japio Pyramide 6.....I think.....or 4......

The heart wants what the heart wants mate, enjoy it, even its in the back garden.

The heart wants what the heart wants mate, enjoy it, even its in the back garden.
Too bloody big for the garden, bigger than my cottage :eek: However have managed it up on my own now, takes about 1/2 to 1 hour neatened up?
More like 6 berth...will try it next year, unless someone here is desperate to have a dutch pyramid type tent.......like, NOW.:)

(Its no good the heart wanting..... is the storage accepting?.......the arms carrying?...…the common sense prevailing? (Nope!))

Too bloody big for the garden, bigger than my cottage :eek: However have managed it up on my own now, takes about 1/2 to 1 hour neatened up?
More like 6 berth...will try it next year, unless someone here is desperate to have a dutch pyramid type tent.......like, NOW.:)
Why don't you just get a marquee and have done with it :lol:

Lightweight camping!

Attachments

• japio 2 (2).jpg
    japio 2 (2).jpg
    245 KB · Views: 127
Back