• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

links to quality scope mounts

On my proper rifle I use sportsmatch scope mounts which should be between £30-£45 depending on the diameter of the scope tube. Available as two piece or one piece in a variety of rail sizes/types.
These are probably considered mid range.
You could also go for Hawke which are cheaper but still serviceable.
I would also suggest that you ask Bill to have a look through his bits and bobs because he had some better quality scope mounts for target shooting a while back...maybe he still has them.

Last edited:
I always use BKL mounts. They are machined in one piece and are used by many of the top HFT shooters. A little more expensive than the basic two piece mounts but more accurate and robust.

Just checked and official UK distributor is Optics Warehouse near us by Paignton. Uttings also stock them at a competitive price. They are more expensive than Sportsmatch but many regard them as the best.

Actually Divebuddy the prices of thos BKL mounts aren't bad at all! I may treat myself.

Back