• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Little gunning dory

Hughie

Quite Talkative
Maiden trip out this morning on the Tamar for a litttle stitch and tape gunning dory I just built. Rows along really nicely, mind you it was very still and only a bit of tide in the water, looking forward to a few fishing trips over the next few months. Now I've had it on the water I can consider all the things I need to change!
JXGB2069.JPG IMG_5064.JPG IMG_5071.JPG YGHJ9106.JPG

@Hughie

Congrats on the build Hughie.....nice job :thumbsup:

Is it car topable or do you have a trailer for her.
Have you given her a name yet?

Hope you have many hours of pleasure fishing from her........don't forget to share some pics when you do get out :thumbsup::D

It is just car toppable with my karitek rack, but on the limit of what I can get on the rack single handed, I do have a trailer though with another boat so if it all gets too much I can use that but the driver for putting it on the roof is the narrowness of the single track lanes down to where I launched it, I really didn't want to have to reverse the trailer on those, but since I usually go out at crack of dawn I rarely see anyone! It doesn't have a name yet, I was thinking of naming it after one of my old fishing boats which was Shikari, Persian for hunter, so it may be that.
IMG_5063.JPG

Thanks for the kind comments chaps,I'm happy it passes the fifty feet test ie looks ok from fifty feet, hopefully have a few fishy pics soon, and then onto whatever I decide to build next, so many boats, so little time.
"The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne" as Chaucer apparently wrote.

Launched at Weir Quay and rowed down past Cargreen, just on the last of the ebb on a very small tide so no probs with that really, on a bigger tide I'll usually catch an hour or two of the last of the flood and go upriver then come back down when it turns, I'm lazy like that!

Back