• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Little recce tomorrow

Ark79

Site Manager
Am of out for a recce tomorrow morning along the river bank. Spotted a wooded area on goggle maps close to my normal location :D also a little vide as I have been tagged on YouTube to show my 5 favourite items
2E3265C2-C279-4BA2-863F-0D601B1B7995.png

More tomorrow :thumbsup: Hopefully :rofl:

Hi Mark.

Looks good mate.....enjoy your recce...look forward to hearing all about it:thumbsup:
Don't forget the camera ye ken ;)

Hi Mark.

Looks good mate.....enjoy your recce...look forward to hearing all about it:thumbsup:
Don't forget the camera ye ken ;)

Hi bill..
Should be nice hike out there. Looking forward to it mate :thumbsup:

A don’t know about forgetting the camera mate lol but a will forget something that’s a sure thing :rofl:

:rofl: Would you believe I just went and put the coffee in my zebra pot:rofl:

It Is a fair size mate. Really hilly at places. Good workout for the calf’s lol. Not sure on the actual size. Will find out:thumbsup: am just hoping the place I’ve picked out is of the beating track as there’s a few paths running that way that dog walkers and joggers use.

There look to be a good few tracks leading to it, Mark.
Also a good few inside:thumbsup:

Would be good to find out if there is a phone signal there?

The phone signal was on my mind bill with the misses being pregnant and all. So if there’s no signal then is a quick recce and back to my normal place for a coffee. Here’s a better look at the area mate. The picture above is the top middle of this picture and a little town at the bottom.
680BA9F6-6BF9-4EBD-B11B-8A55183396F5.jpeg

Is it possible to search for phone masts in the area Mark....or signal maps.....might give a clue.....looks quite populated so there may be a good chance mate??

Never thought of that :thumbsup: should be able to search the tinternet were the phone mast are. I know of one here. My normal place up there has great signal so am hopeful :thumbsup:

Hiya Mark.:)

Lovely area mate and a great water source.
What did you get from the recce......could this be a potential camp for you?
Liked your 5 favourite items and the tarp is a beauty ye ken:thumbsup:
Nice to see the fire in the Gelert and off the floor buddy.

When are you off back there?

Thanks for sharing another good video with us:thumbsup:

Hiya Mark.:)

Lovely area mate and a great water source.
What did you get from the recce......could this be a potential camp for you?
Liked your 5 favourite items and the tarp is a beauty ye ken:thumbsup:
Nice to see the fire in the Gelert and off the floor buddy.

When are you off back there?

Thanks for sharing another good video with us:thumbsup:

Cheers bill:thumbsup:

Am not sure about setting up camp there as there was a few dog walkers across the other side mate :( it doesn't really bother me bill a just don’t like using knifes and axes where people can see me. A think I will travel farther round next time...when the lighter nights come in :thumbsup:

Not really keen On building fires on that type of ground bill even when it’s damp...unless it’s loch side where the ground is gravel. The gelert was money well spent. Top bit of kit

Back