• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

LK 35 Synthetic or Canvas?

LK 35 Synthetic or Canvas?

• Synthetic

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Canvas

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

David Day

Slightly Addicted
Quick poll as Im just getting ready to buy a frame pack from MM:

Rucksack

Should I get a synthetic or a canvas LK35 and what are the pros cons of each (unmodded, ive heared theres lots to be done to these bad boys!)

Canvas a bit heavier but far more durable....I know which way I would go.....canvas?

Shall I class that as the first vote in the poll :D

Still at 0/0 according to my PC but it is a work PC and is SSSLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW :D

I may have got a bit over excited yesterday....... but what service!!!!!!!

Capture.PNG

Big fan of the LK35, went for canvas for mine, but I'm told the others are very strong and durable too?
I put a cheap waist hip belt on mine...........love it.

Grade A is not what I expected :(

Bent frame (should be easy to fix) but its covered in scrawl and one of the straps is not attached and a buckle is missing :(

Would you guys consider this a Grade A pack?

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 346
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 315
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 440
I sent them an email this morning and also filled in the online quire form with the same info (excluding the photos as they didnt have an option to attach).
According to the form it should be 24hrs for a reply so hopefully hear back tomorrow morning.
Im hoping this is just a miss pick and this is not an example of the 'A Grades@' they have in stock.... Ive heared very good things re MM.

We'll wait an see I suppose.....

Big fan of the LK35, went for canvas for mine, but I'm told the others are very strong and durable too?
I put a cheap waist hip belt on mine...........love it.

Hi lol, did you buy yours from MM?
If so what grade/condition was the pack?

Yes, I do a fair few bits through them....If I've had any queries with any stuff, I have phoned and they have been very good.

Grade A will have marks/paint missing, possible repairs........but definitely should be useable, and broken straps/buckles...it needs changing. I think the bent frame is too much as well...it's a strong thing and must have taken some fair old abuse. It sounds more Grade B or C.
Mine at Grade A was all complete with a tear that had been professionally and strongly repaired. Material was grubby...I did wash it but not too much practical effect : just smelt nice! Paint was missing off frame, matters not, back straps tired and worn but work fine. All straps present and correct.

Back