• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Local walk for lunch

38thfoot

Very Addicted
Took my boys for a quick stroll in the local woods for some lunch. Set them to work gathering hanging deadfall and grilled off some sausages.

I’ve cheated slightly and precooked the bangers in the oven when cooking dinner last night so there was no concern of burnt outer and raw centres to put them off as we will be making it a regular event but overall a success as they enjoyed the experience.

Much better for them than being sat in front of a play station

Great when you can do this, my Son has asked to go out with me again, the fact that he's now 25 and likes a whisky makes it all the better lol, grandson is next one to get out as he enjoyed his garden camp with me in the cold, I thought he would bottle it but nope, looks like they enjoyed the experience too, thanks for sharing.

To be fair they’ve both done it with primary school (taught by me) and they spend a fair amount of time outdoors because their parents tolerate but despise computer games so do everything in their power to distract them away from the screen.

To be fair they’ve both done it with primary school (taught by me) and they spend a fair amount of time outdoors because their parents tolerate but despise computer games so do everything in their power to distract them away from the screen.

To be honest 38 a think that’s pretty good parenting 👍

Very responsible parenting if you ask me. These are the memories they'll remember, not sitting in front of the console/pc/phone/tv.
Good on you :)

Back