• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Loch Doon Camp 2019-06-06

G1ZmO

Site Manager
Staff member
Once I get a chance to do the video I'll upload it but for now here are some pics from last night down at Loch Doon. :)

20190606-IMG_3600.jpg
20190606-IMG_3601.jpg
20190606-IMG_3607.jpg
20190606-IMG_3612.jpg
20190606-IMG_3614.jpg
20190606-IMG_3633.jpg
20190606-IMG_3643.jpg
20190606-IMG_3652.jpg
20190607-IMG_3671.jpg
20190607-IMG_3675.jpg
20190607-IMG_3684.jpg

Hi Paul.

What a stunning location....... Brilliant.
Was there much of a walk in?
Certainly not short of water there :D
Good to see fire off of the ground :thumbsup:
Apart from the wee buggers...... Did you see anyone else while there.

Stunning pictures..... Thanks for sharing mate.

@Forest wanders
I had rib eye steak and rice for dinner but had pork sausages left over from the fridge at work so I took them and had a couple. I didn't want to risk leaving them in the warm until morning. Pork sausage poisoning isn't fun as my son and I found out at last year's summer meet.

@1 shot willie
My car was parked at the foot of the short slope up to where I was camping.
I took a bag of firewood with me but there is also loads of fire wood from the harvested trees between the road and loch and the river is only 5 mins walk.
There was 1 car which passed me while I was heading out but other than that just one guy fishing from his kayak. (I'm going to check up on the permit costs for there)

What's the access like?, as having worked in the forests round there for to many years cars where moved on due to machines being vandalised and stuff being nicked..... Found myself unlocking at least five gates just to get to work 😠

@G1ZmO

Hi Paul.

Excellent video footage mate........beuatiful location and views.

The "Wee Buggers" looked to be out in force.....I bet that head net was well appreciated and used.

Nice basic set up on the ground........the Mozi net in the shelter must have been sanctuary.......... and a sanity saver 🤣

I think I would need to take along one of those pull out and hang Fly papers.......not for protection.....but too fill full of Midges......just for the satisfaction of burning them at the end of the camp........revenge :mad::rofl::rofl:

Good trip mate and thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

Back