• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Loch Etive

MildredsSmurf

Extremely Talkative
I took a road trip up to Glen Coe yesterday. The weather forecast was for rain and cloud, but I went anyway. I'm so glad that I did as it turned out to be a pretty decent early afternoon and it was flat calm. I stopped at Loch Lubhair on the way as I could see the calm water to grab some photos.

Then I headed to Loch Etive which was also flat calm, like a mirror. The pictures look unreal, but they're not as unreal as it was standing there as the scale was a lot bigger...

I walked about an hour or so down the north bank of the loch, taking loads of pictures. There is no decent path and it is very boggy, but there's bound to be a good spot or two for camping - I wasn't paying attention, unfortunately. Cadderlie bothy is about 7 miles westward from here anyway and I fancy taking a couple of days exploring to there and back sometime, outwith midge season.

After that, it was a drive to Glen Coe then tea and cake in the village before heading home. I'm glad I ignored the forecast now!

Back