• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Lockdown fishing trip ....

Madriverrob

Extremely Addicted
Managed my first trip out fishing since the relaxation of lockdown . A great day out in the fresh air with a few decent fish to boot .....

5358E7EB-4046-4048-9C8C-1B3A2737A212.jpeg
99F0EFB1-F4EA-43DF-A362-046F437378A4.jpeg
15376970-6F4F-4817-A453-93F40662B685.jpeg
F578AF08-23C5-4B18-905B-FFE394E136DE.jpeg
398430FE-44E6-4406-9F95-3C4FBA87CCA5.jpeg
772280C5-DB13-437E-B87F-A8D6DD7E228A.jpeg
44BF5D3F-FD68-47CD-8FEF-B22EA5414466.jpeg
6F36C6DD-A126-470E-99AD-716819BB9D13.jpeg
2DDD84DF-D746-44A9-975D-8773CDFA4AB2.jpeg

Fantastic. what a great haul of fish.

I'll just leave this here for future reference. :D

Fantastic. what a great haul of fish.

I'll just leave this here for future reference. :D

Thanks for the link , bait shops are still shut and for some reason I can’t get on with pellets ! Corn and bread were the bait for yesterday 👍

@Madriverrob I'm the same, I think it's because I use a pole to fish I have always used the more traditional baits. Glad someone is getting out *sigh*
Got a few days off now, so putting an order in for maggits.:D

@Madriverrob I'm the same, I think it's because I use a pole to fish I have always used the more traditional baits. Glad someone is getting out *sigh*
Got a few days off now, so putting an order in for maggits.:D

Be interested to see what you think of the quality and delivery time , I have to drive quite a distance in opposing direction to the pond to get maggots , might be cheaper and more convenient to have them delivered 👍

Just checked postage and it's £4.99 at Williy worms and £6.50 at Angling Baits. So until I get a week off in June I can't justify the cost of £8 for a pint of maggits!:eek: I'll wait till I have time to use a few pints to make it more cost effective.

Piece of meat at the back of the shed would soon deliver enough maggots for a days fishing 👍🏻 Bit rank but it works😁. Preferably with something over it to stop any animals from nicking it

Just checked postage and it's £4.99 at Williy worms and £6.50 at Angling Baits. So until I get a week off in June I can't justify the cost of £8 for a pint of maggits!:eek: I'll wait
Piece of meat at the back of the shed would soon deliver enough maggots for a days fishing 👍🏻 Bit rank but it works😁. Preferably with something over it to stop any animals from nicking it

That’s how I used to do it with my dad , a heart from the butcher in a tray at the back of the garage 👍

Went down to the canal first thing, only to find the towpath blocked off.😭Fishing the canal is off for a few weeks as they are putting new liners in the bank and repairing the towpaths and bridges Spoke to one of the workmen and he said my stretch should be open again in a couple of weeks. Great to see the care being taken of such a valuable resource,👍 timing sucks though. Going to have a nosey online to see what I can find somewhere local.

Went down to the canal first thing, only to find the towpath blocked off.😭Fishing the canal is off for a few weeks as they are putting new liners in the bank and repairing the towpaths and bridges Spoke to one of the workmen and he said my stretch should be open again in a couple of weeks. Great to see the care being taken of such a valuable resource,👍 timing sucks though. Going to have a nosey online to see what I can find somewhere local.

Good luck missus, hope you manage to find somewhere.

Back