• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Long overdue......

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
We did a bit of reflecting over the Easter weekend......looking back on the past couple of years.
After both of us.....and family dealing with Covid......working on the house and so on.......we talked ourselves into booking a crafty 10 days away in Majorca :)
Nearly two and a half years since our last break abroad......seems longer than that somehow 🤔.......so we hit the button and booked it for next month:)

Anyone else looking at getting away for a break to recharge the batteries?

We did a bit of reflecting over the Easter weekend......looking back on the past couple of years.
After both of us.....and family dealing with Covid......working on the house and so on.......we talked ourselves into booking a crafty 10 days away in Majorca :)
Nearly two and a half years since our last break abroad......seems longer than that somehow 🤔.......so we hit the button and booked it for next month:)

Smashing bill, just what the doctor ordered… fun in the sun ☀️ 👍🏻 Lucky bugger 😂

Nothing but a few days here and there this year, with me of out on my own now its busy busy busy, not complaining tho 😁

It's good to hear you are busy Mark.....hope it continues that way for you :thumbsup:

It's a tough life being retired :whistle:.........so make the most of it mate.....time fly's by🤭:rofl:.......you will be out to pasture before you know it🤔

Off to Jamaica in three weeks , Sandals Ochio Rios , was booked over two years ago , we were originally going with our friends but over time the dates have shifted and they are there now ......

We had a look at that after our chat via the PM Rob.......looks good mate :thumbsup:
Jamaica was on our list and the Ochio Rios you mentioned was in the running.....but we are in two minds now after seeing the attitude of some during the Royal visit :rolleyes:
Still juggling that one around.........Think we will wait for your opinion after your trip :thumbsup:

3 weeks will soon pass by.......hope you have a relaxing and enjoyable stay mate.......pictures and tips please......safe journey :rofl:

I shall be taking my rigged and ready travel rod and will be fishing the lagoon every day and am hopeful for some decent fish .
I have priced up a game fishing trip but the cost is astronomical - suffice to say I wont be booking on …..

Did my PADI Open Water certificate in Jamaica when we were there. Hotel had its own dive boat and gear. Non of this crowding onto a boat like sardines, some days I was on my own with the dive instructor. 😉

Again thats a possibility but its really quite expensive and I'm a sh*te swimmer …
My mate who is there currently used to be an advanced army diving supervisor and they told him he would have to pay for the full course :eek:

I shall be mostly taking advantage of the all inclusive drinks and the 16 restaurants ;):whistle::D

Sorted the Sea Fishing Licence for our up and coming trip to Spain today :)

Got a good deal to.....£15 as a senior citizen and valid for 4 years any where in Spain.......result......sea only..... no lakes or rivers.
Lots of people taking the view..... ohhh don't bother......never been asked for one.
There is always that chance that you will be asked :rolleyes:.....so why not respect their requirements and pay your dues:thumbsup:

The alternative being.......a fine up to 2000 Euros and confiscation of your kit.

No brainer really.

Sorted the Sea Fishing Licence for our up and coming trip to Spain today :)

Got a good deal to.....£15 as a senior citizen and valid for 4 years any where in Spain.......result......sea only..... no lakes or rivers.
Lots of people taking the view..... ohhh don't bother......never been asked for one.
There is always that chance that you will be asked :rolleyes:.....so why not respect their requirements and pay your dues:thumbsup:

The alternative being.......a fine up to 2000 Euros and confiscation of your kit.

No brainer really.

Always best to have it Mucker, could ruined a nice holiday that could 👎

Any way , 2000 Euros for not catching a fish would be a bugger 🫢🙄😂

Its the baggage allowance being the pain Mark......I suppose we could leave the Sauna at home 🤔 🤭:D

Back