• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Long range-short range target shooting.

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
As well as hunting I like to get a bit of target work done when the weather and conditions allow.
Before the bad weather sets in I want to do more with the Pulsar and try to improve on my last efforts with the rifle.
Also, want to get the 22LR and 17HMR out and blow the cobwebs out of the barrels:D

Anyone else enjoys a bit of plinking?

I practice on targets with the 22lr now and then but mostly it's about checking my rifles range after cleaning. My air pistol was bought entirely for fun and I only have target pellets for it.

We seem to have suffered from a lack of rabbits around us recently (VHD I think) so I’ve not been out with the gun for a while. Your posts made me think it’s about time I had a zeroing session. Might get the .22 and hmr out after work tomorrow and possibly even have a plink with the R10 later on while the kids are out :)

If you do get out with the rifles guys.....stick some pictures up :thumbsup:
A perfect day here for the range......but we have other things to do today :rolleyes:
May try and get out tomorrow for a sneaky hour or two.

Did not bother in the end:rolleyes:.......too hot to be laying on the range.
The clarity of the target would have probably been affected by heat shimmer anyway at the longer distances.
Will wait for a better day and not waste time, ammunition, and effort :thumbsup:

Back