• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Keith

Very Addicted
Long_Term_Living_Shelter.jpg

http://joeoleary1.blogspot.com.au/2013/11/building-long-term-shelter-part-2.html

Show us your equipment.

This is for people who are interested in long term wilderness(retreat/country) living/survival. I see no point is discussing short term shtf survival, as none of us can possibly know how long any given serious survival situation may last.

So, please share your choices of blades, hunting & defence tools, & your fire making tools, & tell us why you chose these tools in relation to long term survival.
Keith.

there is a survival school in north Devon but at the moment I think they only cater for schoolkids and ex servicemen, not for the general public, which is a shame.
www.runningdeer.org.uk

So various axes, folding saws and bow saws, air rifles, assegai and machettes as well as billhook.
Tarps for weather proofing shelters and water collection, sawyer filters.
Fire lighting, ferro rods, lighters gas and petrol, can use a fire bow, but prefer modern where possible.
Vodka for the production of tinctures for medical purposes,and suitable medicines.

yes, as long as they last, depends how long term long term is.
nothing lasts forever.

Last edited:
Many things last for extremely long periods,one of my billhooks is about 130 years old.
It only needs the knowledge of how to replace the handle to keep it going for another hundred.
And how to find a suitable piece of stone to hone it.
Knowledge is always going to outlast individuals as long as it is passed on to the next generation

skills and knowledge will be the key to long term survival, I have been saying that for a long time, but so will self reliance.

Tinderbox3.jpg

Fire_Steel_3.jpg

I carry flint, steel & tinderbox for making fire, because it is a long term sustainable method & I have never failed to make fire in all weather conditions. This fire steel is an original 18th century steel & it is still working just fine.

fire_bag_1.jpg

My greased leather fire bag which keeps my tinderbox dry even under water!
Keith.

I chose this 18th century based equipment because it is sustainable, no modern gadgets to break down or wear out. With this kit I can survive long term in the wilderness.
Keith.

Back