• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Looking for permission South Wales

Gman27

First Post
Hi All,

I am looking for land/buddy for myself (27) and my brother (22).

We are both members of the Cobham Shooting Club and both shoot regularly at a local range (here in Wales) and our garden range.

I have done plenty of rabbit/rat/pest shooting previously with my Uncle (previously sponsored by BSA), my brother has not hence this post, I would like to introduce him to what it's like to track and spend more time in the outdoors. I will add, that his aim is better probably better than mine, especially from a standing position. We are both holders of various guns, including gas rammed break barrels and PCP's just within the 12FT LB regulations, we can still hold 2" targets at 65 yards. We have all the gear we need, just unfortunately no permissions as of yet...

We are based near Ammanford in the valleys and are happy to travel as well as pay for anyone's time/permission.

If anyone could be of help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, George

Welcome aboard Gman. A first post from a member seeking a permission will not normally get much feedback -- permissions are often difficult to come by and members put in the hours needed to keep them, so they're unlikely to invite a complete stranger to share (and possibly lose) their hard-won shooting rights.

Couple of thoughts... if you have rifles that are "just within the 12 fpe regulations", have you tested them with different weights of pellets to make sure that they don't exceed 12 fpe with heavier pellets (PCP) or lighter pellets (springers)? Also, hitting a 2" target at 65 yards is good shooting, assuming that you can do it with every single shot... but it's not hunting accuracy at that range. If you're after a permission, it might be a better idea to say at what range you can group every shot under a Ā£1 coin -- that's headshot hunting accuracy for a clean kill on most common pest species.

Tell us about yourself in the Welcome section, contribute to the forum for a while, and you never know... Meanwhile, check out this post about how to gain your own permission. https://www.airgununiverse.uk/threads/obtaining-a-permission.191852/

Hi Gman, I live just outside Ammanford and found it better to visit the farms and ask for permission. Farms out towards Llandovery are good to visit. Just be polite dressed smart and go and chat, they can only say no. Good luck

Hello and welcome ,yes polite smart and sensible dont forget word of mouth .He /she has brothers sisters tht may farm too .Offer to do rats or ferals around barns and out buildings ,horse owners hate ankle breaking rabbit holes so recon your area .
And too late this season but find your local pheasant shoot and offer to beat next season ,beaters day and pigeon clearances and vermin control come from these places too.
Get insurance ,BASC,SACS,NGO membership come with public liability cover and it shows farmers your serious atb

Hi and welcome, covid has probably nackered things up for you over the summer but im sure if you try out towards Bethlehem, Llangadog and the back roads to Myddfai you'll get some success. Permission is much easier to obtain in Wales than it is for our English butties across the border. Always mention magpies/crows, Welsh farmers hate them. Huw the milk (yes, we still get glass bottles) takes any magpies i get and hangs them on the calving/lambing sheds to deter the rest from attacking the newborns. You don't have to travel miles to find good hunting patches, try up behind Betws, i used to work up there, or more precisely under there, lots of the farmers round there gave me permission without any trouble. I dont travel far now to hunt preferring to walk instead, anyway , good luck and good shooting.

Hi and welcome, covid has probably nackered things up for you over the summer but im sure if you try out towards Bethlehem, Llangadog and the back roads to Myddfai you'll get some success. Permission is much easier to obtain in Wales than it is for our English butties across the border. Always mention magpies/crows, Welsh farmers hate them. Huw the milk (yes, we still get glass bottles) takes any magpies i get and hangs them on the calving/lambing sheds to deter the rest from attacking the newborns. You don't have to travel miles to find good hunting patches, try up behind Betws, i used to work up there, or more precisely under there, lots of the farmers round there gave me permission without any trouble. I dont travel far now to hunt preferring to walk instead, anyway , good luck and good shooting.
Jusy noted that both posts from "one post" members and nearly 12 months old .

The original post , from Gman who came here, made that post and that post alone , and hasn't posted since Dec 2019 or been on the forum again since then . Probably was posting the request in as many forums as he could looking for a hit . In a nutshell you are answering a ghost ! Topshot the other post is the same , can here once and never again .

If you "hover " with your mouse over his name , it will pop up

Thanks for the heads up on that FP, i'm still pretty new to all this so mistakes inevitable.

Some fool made me up to admin and I know fcall, but its ok as I have The Big Banning Hammer and I'll just ban everyone if I balls it up to much. Fortunately (well for me at least) we have a tame IT bod that lives in the cupboard under the Welcome Section and he can usually sort things out. Just don't tell CH about this, just us on this bit.šŸ˜¬šŸ˜

Back