• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Looking for permissions round torbay area

Mike Brereton

First Post
Hi everyone I'm looking for new places to go in and around Torbay area as I'm new to this. Would anybody be willing to recommend new places to go for a evening shoot or early morning

Welcome aboard. Why don't you take a minute to introduce yourself in the Welcome to Airgun Universe section?

Permission-holders work hard to gain and retain their shooting grounds, so are often unwilling to share unless they know someone well -- because a mistake by a guest shooter could result in them losing their permission.

Take part in the forum, and give people a chance to get to know you. Also click here for advice on gaining a permission.

I've gained 160 acres just by walking along public footpaths. I've gotten to know the owner just by stopping & chatting to them. You usually don't get something for free. The owners live a distance away from their fields that I shoot, in return I keep an eye on their livestock & inform them of any problems.
One lives 5 miles from his 40 acres & the other over an hour drive from hers. I'm down that way every day walking my dog.
You have to think 'would you let a total stranger shoot in your garden'? The principle is the same.

Back