• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Loss Of Antibotic

Prime

Very Addicted
Interesting bit in the News regarding over use of Antibiotic

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-416...st-through-overuse-says-chief-medical-officer

"
Antibiotics 'may be lost' through overuse, says chief medical officer
England's chief medical officer is urging global leaders to tackle the growing threat of antibiotic resistance.

Medical experts say these drugs are being used too much, and that 25,000 people die across Europe each year because of drug-resistant infections.

Professor Dame Sally Davies says she is "really worried" that without effective antibiotics, common medical procedures such as caesarean sections and cancer treatments could become too risky.

She is attending a meeting in Berlin of health officials around the world, to discuss a "call to action" to tackle the problem.
"

not exactly new news, anti biotic resistant bugs have been known about for some time now.

No LW NOT new news - But as the CHIEF medical Officer is offering the opinion I feel its worthy of note.

I think I saw a piece that she wanted drug companies to come up with new drugs to combat the problem but this takes time AND money.

This harps back to another conversation we had earlier. Antibiotics kill the natural immune system. For most viral infections we can fight it with plenty of rest & hot lemon drinks, perhaps with some rum or scotch to help us sleep. But some people have forgotten this & demand their doctor gives them antibiotics for just a common cold. There is a place for antibiotics, I am on them at present to stop any infection from surgery, but unless the is a real NEED, they should not be taken. Even so, I am taking ProBiotic capsules & eating natural yogurt to combat the bad effects of the antibiotics.
Keith.

I suppose one of the few pluses of a major collapse is the reduced population density reduces the chance of widespread pandemics. Although I suspect with the general reduction in access to sanitation and to clean water may result in localised outbreaks of water born diseases as those without the necessary expertise and experience suffer from cross contamination of waste matter and drinking water.

I suppose one of the few pluses of a major collapse is the reduced population density reduces the chance of widespread pandemics. Although I suspect with the general reduction in access to sanitation and to clean water may result in localised outbreaks of water born diseases as those without the necessary expertise and experience suffer from cross contamination of waste matter and drinking water.
After cyclone Tracey there was no electricity, hence no water on tap & the sewage was not working!
Keith.

Back