• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

lucky guy

Matt

Site Owner
Staff member

Tyson Steele sounds like a made up name. :lol:

He was a lucky boy to get rescued.

Where do I recognise Salt Lake City from? Anyone heard of it ?

Salt Lake City. Home of the Church of Latterday Saints (Mormons), host of the 2002 Winter Olympics. :D

Aye its the Mormons that its most famous for, I'll be careful what I say but the origin of the Mormon church is quite 'interesting'.

They prefer Latter Day Saints, the term Mormon would be the outsiders name for them. They have some great prepping resources and don't insist on you joining up in order to get the benefit of their resources. They are often some of the first to respond to some of the USA's worst weather events such as hurricane Katrina, they helped everyone that they could regardless of race or creed. Over all I've found most of the LDS that I've met to be really nice people.

He was a very lucky man! Not many would live to tell that story. I was watching a program on all 4 last night. It was called Who Survives? Two hikers and both in life threatening situations. One gets out the other doesn't. Bit grim but it does put into perspective how quickly something can go wrong and your at odds against nature

Back