• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Made a tomahawk

Woodlander

Very Addicted
I have wanted a cold steel hawk for years, but funds have never allowed.
So this morning I took an old axe head, cut a hawk shape welded it to some pipe. Added a handle and a pin, hey presto! Never be a coldsteel, but should do the job for now.
20181122_144508.jpg

20181122_144520.jpg

Yes, it would be interesting, how it performs.

Does the US Cavalry still exist?

:D

Looks very nice.
As someone who probably has more axes than one person should everr really need I feel that I should know the answer but what's the advantage (?) or otherwise of the tomahawk as such?

Looks very nice.
As someone who probably has more axes than one person should everr really need I feel that I should know the answer but what's the advantage (?) or otherwise of the tomahawk as such?
Axes are better but I need smaller lighter kit as I'm getting older. I'm 35 but my body argues and says I'm 70!

Nice work, you'll have to let us know how it performs,
Does the job but not as good as a properation axe or hawk. Used to a balanced tool rather than something front heavy that can spin in the hand.

Bloody hell, I don't even remember being 35
It's just the past 3 years since having this Graves Disease, to put it politely it's been a bar service person! Op in the new year should reduce it to feeling 40 lol

Does the job but not as good as a properation axe or hawk. Used to a balanced tool rather than something front heavy that can spin in the hand.

Could be worth while attaching a metal shaft on as a handle to balance it out......shouldn’t need to be to neat as the grinder will tidy things up ;)

Last edited:
Back