• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Magnet fishing (short trip lol)

Ark79

Site Manager
Staff member
thought me and the kids would nip to the loch for a spot of magnet fishing. Really short trip lol it was far to cold for the wee one. We only had about a dozen throws before we came home. Here’s a few pictures.
CAFC40AB-FCAE-45BD-8B35-7B0EEC2345FF.jpeg

2CC8D758-BCF1-4DFC-ABE7-501211AA08D9.jpeg

32A21BC8-8434-4858-977E-E1CF9E75A71F.jpeg

7052B777-10FF-480D-BDEF-DE2F39CB6EFC.jpeg

283DEC5F-85C0-49D8-9A39-636A1287E13B.jpeg

3EA84095-8BDF-4C50-AA10-CEE4CC3E16BF.jpeg

19057C39-AA0B-43D2-ABEC-41653DD89410.jpeg

20CF2FEF-6543-4435-B900-D867F79717A4.jpeg

2BF3D9AC-7145-4DCA-B1FB-220C36BB2CA5.jpeg

Attachments

• 0B3A7A3A-0E2C-408E-87A6-2E45DC2FB3D9.jpeg
    0B3A7A3A-0E2C-408E-87A6-2E45DC2FB3D9.jpeg
    286.2 KB · Views: 155
  • B802183B-F3BB-4A96-B14D-92D311FA11F4.jpeg
    B802183B-F3BB-4A96-B14D-92D311FA11F4.jpeg
    338.9 KB · Views: 176
I'd never heard of magnet fishing before, so I've been looking on YouTube, interesting :)

Hi, Mark :)

Nice pictures buddy.....look's like a crisp and breezy day.....snow on the hills too:D
The bairns look bonnie ye ken.

Not ordered mine yet....on the to do list:thumbsup:

At least you got the rig wet mate.........Gurrrrrrrrders ye ken:thumbsup::D

Look forward to more:thumbsup:

Hi, Mark :)

Nice pictures buddy.....look's like a crisp and breezy day.....snow on the hills too:D
The bairns look bonnie ye ken.

Not ordered mine yet....on the to do list:thumbsup:

At least you got the rig wet mate.........Gurrrrrrrrders ye ken:thumbsup::D

Look forward to more:thumbsup:

Need a longer rope bill. Couldn’t get any distance with the one I got with it

The kids was to cold to get into it but they was really excited on the there lol. So it’s definitely something we will be doing regularly. Also helps clear the river and loch. Little at a time :thumbsup:

Maby go for a stronger magnet bill that one isn’t really powerful a could feel it gripping then releasing with a slight tug. It will do for the wee lad.

I'll bear the rope length in mind Mark:D:thumbsup:
What is the lift on the magnet you have Mark.......did it say when you ordered it?

No longer on the to do list mate.....ordered a 190 kilo one......lift that is......not the weight of the magnet:rofl::rofl::whistle::p

If your throwing a 190k magnet about bill you will not get any cheek from me again :eek::rofl::rofl:

The lift on mine mate is 98k. Thought that would be good for the wee man and a good starter for us. I tend to know straight of if I’m into something or not lol. And I’m into it right enough lol

A may join you with the 190. Al wait till I see how you get on with it first:sneaky::D

A like this guys magnet

THROW IT???? :eek: I doubt I could LIFT it Mark PMSL :rofl::rofl::rofl::whistle:

Nice video mate.:thumbsup:

I reckon some decent waterproof and warm gloves are going to be needed.....oh......and a Handwarmer:whistle::sneaky::rofl:

Yes.........nice magnet he has in the video mate it certainly picked up a fair bit of crud:rofl:

We should get our money back on the kit in no time Mark:sneaky:

..................and if all else fails :rolleyes:
th

I wonder if we can operate on a catch and release policy??........or do we have to take our catch home......I suppose we could be prosecuted for throwing anything we catch back in the water ??

THROW IT???? :eek: I doubt I could LIFT it Mark PMSL :rofl::rofl::rofl::whistle:

Nice video mate.:thumbsup:

I reckon some decent waterproof and warm gloves are going to be needed.....oh......and a Handwarmer :whistle::sneaky::rofl:

Yes.........nice magnet he has in the video mate it certainly picked up a fair bit of crud:rofl:

We should get our money back on the kit in no time Mark:sneaky:

th

..................and if all else fails :rolleyes:
th

I wonder if we can operate on a catch and release policy??........or do we have to take our catch home......I suppose we could be prosecuted for throwing anything we catch back in the water ??

Laughing at that fishing game:rofl: the misses bought me something similar for when I was sitting on the bog:rofl:

A was trying to find anything to suggest rules for magnet fishing bill. There’s nothing I can find lol. So a think we can have at it anywhere as long as it’s not private :thumbsup: as you said we could possibly be prosecuted for throwing what we find back in. Good point! So a will be taking anything I find away with me lol. Also there is law that can prosecute through finding something. “Theft by finding” but am sure this will depend on circumstances

Am trying to cross all the T’s and dot all the I’s on this one :D especially if my lad is with me.

Aye up Mark.

Happy New Year mate:thumbsup:

Been doing a bit of looking around and it seems that most people take away what they find and place it in a local authority bin of some kind.
Only trouble I can see is if we pull out 2 or 3 old bikes.....need a trailor mate :whistle::rofl:

Play it by ear I think buddy:D

Found this link mate might be worth a look;)

http://ukmetal-fishing.freeforums.net/board/12/managing-junk-metal-suggestions

Happy new year bill.

Good info on that site mate:thumbsup:

Was planning a little trip today but weather and the fact My misses is still asleep it may be cancelled till tomorrow :D

Maby a magnet fishing thread for the forum or possibly just a treasure thread of some sort could be created. Just a thought. What’s you think bill :thumbsup:

Me and the lad went out for some magnet fishing in the local river. Definitely need a stronger magnet for rivers lol. Mite try the canal next time:thumbsup: a think the magnet we have will work better in still water

Here’s a few pics :thumbsup:
2CD43773-7552-46F3-B206-CD153F23ACBD.jpeg

023E4ACD-E269-46B6-9D13-065D9236C632.jpeg

599B2735-3478-4AB6-AA93-17FAB08BD4C3.jpeg

D8F8EB89-C0DF-47F3-ADCD-4B1B049A6FF4.jpeg

0A544A06-3ACD-4568-90E7-7EB21D075AA3.jpeg

B1E19C2B-BFD0-480A-B302-0EBAE6BE2FA3.jpeg

Nothing to show for it this time. We did both feel something on the end a few times...with the fast running water and the magnet not being so powerful we lost them:( just like regular fish :rofl:

Lovely pictures ye ken Mark :thumbsup:

How about you start a thread in the Out and about section mate??
Never know we may have a few more of the guys join in and have a go:thumbsup:

Still waiting for my Magnet buddy.....will need to get some rope and gloves too:thumbsup:

No a bad idea yi ken :D

Am looking into stronger magnets. The one we have just doesn’t work well in the river. Al have a go in a canal see how it fairs :thumbsup:

Hopefully you get it soon bill :thumbsup:

The one you have will be ideal for the Bairns Mark.....wont go to waste mate ;)

Aye.....postie may come today:thumbsup:

Well.....I vote that you get yourself another stronger one Mark:thumbsup:........you canny let the Bairns have all the fun....ken?
Any way....if they latch onto something big you will need the stronger magnet to help them with :sneaky::whistle::rofl:

I'd say it was a must have mate:D:D:D

Well.....I vote that you get yourself another stronger one Mark:thumbsup:........you canny let the Bairns have all the fun....ken?
Any way....if they latch onto something big you will need the stronger magnet to help them with :sneaky::whistle::rofl:

I'd say it was a must have mate:D:D:D

Am in full agreement bill. It’s for to help the kids:whistle::D

:thumbsup:

Do you have a spot picked out for when you get yours?

Back