• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Maintaining and care of kit.

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
Soon be time to give the hunting and outdoor kit a good look at before the wet and windy weather sets in proper.

Every year...without fail..... I like to keep on top of the gear.....helps it to last longer and gives you confidence in what you have and wear while outdoors.
Fabrics and materials need maintaining they do not work indefinately without care.....performance and reliability will suffer if neglected.

I like to use and favour Nikwax products for most of my kit.
Easy to use...tried and tested.....and they produce a good range of products to suit most needs.

http://www.nikwax.com/en-gb/productselector/productselector.php?purpose=2&item=1

A tip......run the washing machine through with clean water and a little detergent after use with Nikwax (IF you use it )

You can handwash or spray.

Will be starting my maintenance soon while we hopefully have some good drying weather ahead.

I will also get the sleeping bag washed and aired.

Soon be time to give the hunting and outdoor kit a good look at before the wet and windy weather sets in proper.

Every year...without fail..... I like to keep on top of the gear.....helps it to last longer and gives you confidence in what you have and wear while outdoors.
Fabrics and materials need maintaining they do not work indefinately without care.....performance and reliability will suffer if neglected.

I like to use and favour Nikwax products for most of my kit.
Easy to use...tried and tested.....and they produce a good range of products to suit most needs.

http://www.nikwax.com/en-gb/productselector/productselector.php?purpose=2&item=1

A tip......run the washing machine through with clean water and a little detergent after use with Nikwax (IF you use it )

You can handwash or spray.

Will be starting my maintenance soon while we hopefully have some good drying weather ahead.

I will also get the sleeping bag washed and aired.

A good post Bill

Back