• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Make your own knife challenge 2017

I know joe but I want to actually see the blades and see what ones will match up right with the guard and pommel set, but I may just order up blind, I could send him the guard and pommel I guess. If I wait till August I will see him at the wilderness gathering anyway!
Well personally I'd wait Lee because you@ll still have ample time to finish the project

Well personally I'd wait Lee because you@ll still have ample time to finish the project

True could find some other projects to do until I will get down to the wilderness gathering to pick the blade, plus there will be a lot of other blades available from other blade smiths to look at ;)

True could find some other projects to do until I will get down to the wilderness gathering to pick the blade, plus there will be a lot of other blades available from other blade smiths to look at ;)
I understand it's a good opportunity to pick up some good kit

My entry
image.jpeg

It's not going to be an easy build to beat lads it's a stunning knife.

What's happening lads. Who's doing what with what lol and how is it all going. Come on this thread is went a bit stale lol.

Am just gathering bits and bobs for my Bowie knife. Blade will be stainless and the gard...brass along with the pumle the handle with be full tang and finished with wood....not sure on the wood yet.

What's happening lads. Who's doing what with what lol and how is it all going. Come on this thread is went a bit stale lol.

Am just gathering bits and bobs for my Bowie knife. Blade will be stainless and the gard...brass along with the pumle the handle with be full tang and finished with wood....not sure on the wood yet.
Been a bit busy with gardening Mark but I will be starting on my sheath soon which will be a complete surprise

Look forward to seeing it Joe...."a complete surprise?" you have something up your sleeve then....a ? :sneaky::D

Been a bit busy with gardening Mark but I will be starting on my sheath soon which will be a complete surprise

Same here joe, I'm wrapped up in the gardening (all veg now in) and now playing about with boats and engines before the warm weather hits my knife will be put back to cabin fever time this winter ;)

Same here joe, I'm wrapped up in the gardening (all veg now in) and now playing about with boats and engines before the warm weather hits my knife will be put back to cabin fever time this winter ;)
I just wish the veg would grow as fast as the weeds Lee

A mite change my mind on the build lads am swaying between a Bowie and a parang...decision lol

Back