• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Making space

saxonaxe

Very Addicted
A beautiful hot sunny day here today, I was in the woods by 10.00 having sorted my kit the night before. More like high summer than Autumn, although the leaf change and smell of the woods tells the season. The Beech Trees are lovely with the sunlight lighting the leaves.
DSCF6369.JPG

Red Admiral enjoying the warmth .
DSCF6368.JPG

I always knew that Mother Nature was a kindly provider and here she's made a built in Cat Flap in a fallen tree.....:rofl:
DSCF6377.JPG

Today was a planned mission to explore and expand previously identified bivvy spots....
But first an early brew using the little Meths burner with which I am well impressed. It's a regular little gas ring when the circle of burner holes get going, probably as fast if not faster than my Army cooker.
DSCF6372.JPG

DSCF6370.JPG

For info, the Trek bar is marked " suitable for Vegans," well I'm not a Vegan and the Trek bar tastes like Camel Dung. That's the first and last one for me...Vegans are welcome to them....

Tools of the trade, the little folding Japanese Saw is absolutely brilliant, cuts like a big grown up Swiss army knife saw.

DSCF6375.JPG

It's the old Sniper Hide drill, wriggle in and cut your space, then only cut enough on the way out for an easy escape route. Not as I once heard someone being 'Advised '... a " bleedin' corridor wide enough to drive a Bus down " ...:lol:

DSCF6374.JPG

One there, nice and sheltered in bad weather and one in the open space where the morning sun will melt the frost later in the year...Nice view too.
DSCF6376.JPG

Wandered home via the conifer wood and another brew/food stop
DSCF6378.JPG
DSCF6379.JPG

That was the task for the day, about 4 hours work in the sunshine. Did my Good Samaritan bit on the way home, met a young couple of Mountain Bikers...He had obviously crashed at some time, knee bleeding like a stuck pig and a very expensive bike the front forks and wheel of which were a very peculiar shape....Medi wipes and non stick lint pad + adhesive strip. I let the lady do the Nurse bit and they will add a first aid kit to their Biking gear they promised me..:D

A beautiful hot sunny day here today, I was in the woods by 10.00 having sorted my kit the night before. More like high summer than Autumn, although the leaf change and smell of the woods tells the season. The Beech Trees are lovely with the sunlight lighting the leaves.
View attachment 22554

Red Admiral enjoying the warmth .
View attachment 22561

I always knew that Mother Nature was a kindly provider and here she's made a built in Cat Flap in a fallen tree.....:rofl:View attachment 22563

Today was a planned mission to explore and expand previously identified bivvy spots....
But first an early brew using the little Meths burner with which I am well impressed. It's a regular little gas ring when the circle of burner holes get going, probably as fast if not faster than my Army cooker.
View attachment 22565

View attachment 22564

For info, the Trek bar is marked " suitable for Vegans," well I'm not a Vegan and the Trek bar tastes like Camel Dung. That's the first and last one for me...Vegans are welcome to them....

Tools of the trade, the little folding Japanese Saw is absolutely brilliant, cuts like a big grown up Swiss army knife saw.

View attachment 22566

It's the old Sniper Hide drill, wriggle in and cut your space, then only cut enough on the way out for an easy escape route. Not as I once heard someone being 'Advised '... a " bleedin' corridor wide enough to drive a Bus down " ...:lol:

View attachment 22567

One there, nice and sheltered in bad weather and one in the open space where the morning sun will melt the frost later in the year...Nice view too.
View attachment 22568

Wandered home via the conifer wood and another brew/food stop
View attachment 22569.
View attachment 22570

That was the task for the day, about 4 hours work in the sunshine. Did my Good Samaritan bit on the way home, met a young couple of Mountain Bikers...He had obviously crashed at some time, knee bleeding like a stuck pig and a very expensive bike the front forks and wheel of which were a very peculiar shape....Medi wipes and non stick lint pad + adhesive strip. I let the lady do the Nurse bit and they will add a first aid kit to their Biking gear they promised me..:D
Forever the good samaritan Sax so well done there, some folk need a harsh lesson before the message sinks in

Nice walk about mate......looks like a cracking spot to spend some time in :thumbsup: .....the weather was certainly kind to you:thumbsup:
Like the idea of the foil wrap on your mug :thumbsup: help to keep the brew warm on the colder days.
Lovely pictures.....thanks for sharing :)

Back