• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Man Cave

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
We have been pondering getting a new shed as the one we have has seen better days and started to show its age........about 15 years old.
Its a 10 x 8 and full the normal stuff........ and a goodly amount of............."l will hang on to that.....it will come in handy later" :whistle::rolleyes::D

Tools I have not used in years and never likely to again.

We spend a lot of time out the back just chilling.....BBQs etc so have decided to put a Summerhouse where the shed is now.
Will be nice in the winter months too when it's blowing a gale and pouring it down tucked up inside nice and warm.

The problem is going to be getting whats in the shed now, into a smaller store shed 5X3 :rolleyes:
The clearout is going to be pretty harsh and brutal...........the saving grace is.......we have about 6 weeks to do it in :crying:

Over the years I have just left stuff outside the back with a sign saying FREE.........its amazing how many trips to the recycling centre that has saved us...........there it was gone........sometimes in just minutes :eek::D

So......I can see that the loss of "The Man Cave" is going to be a traumatic experience full of heartache and pain :rofl:

Also on the list, this year is an attic clear out............Boy.......we know how to have fun :rofl:

Anyone else been through the same trauma of loosing their "Man Cave" have you survived and recovered from your loss yet :(:D

When my man cave is full I transfer surplus into the man garage ............

I used to have a man garage, then converted it to a man flat for Dad, so then I then I moved to the spare double bedroom man cave, and one of the kids moved back, then went to the box room man cave, and the Grandkids bunk beds took over that, now my gear is spread to every nook and cranny :( we have talked about another shed, just for me ;)

A summer house replacing a man cave :eek::eek: that’s sacrilege o_O. Needs must mate :rofl:

My man cave has fell in on it self. Packed to the gunnels :D so a bigger one is needed. I’m building it myself so it could turn out :poo::rofl:

Whenever the other half evicts me from one of the sheds I just build another. They're getting pretty professional looking these days. The nice thing about being outside the national park boundary is the almost non existent planning enforcement.

I dig the feeling, but quite frankly have to admit that I stopped hoarding and collecting quite a while ago.

Mainly had to do with a rather radical approach towards life - I decided to leave material stuff behind and go travel for a year or two. One backpack only.

It is is easier said than done, but the lesson for me was that material goods just don't make the world go round. Actually I still have gear at home (mostly presents) I never used.

There is a saying: “If you don’t sacrifice for what you want, what you want will become the sacrifice.” :)

Progress is slow :rofl:....managed to sell off a few bits out the back to passers-by.........made £80 :)
Not sure how long I can be bothered to keep doing that though :rolleyes:
Number 1 Son having a look at tools and other stuff he may want later on.
Then the rest will be bye bye up the dump.
New storage shed ( Mini Man Cave ) coming tomorrow only 5X3 :( I just won't fit into that :D

My other half does a certain amount of eBay selling and when she got to a point of running out of space we went the other way and just got an additional shed. To date we have my workshop , timber store , paint store , four eBay storage sheds , a lawnmower/bike leanto , another general leanto storage , a playhouse that's used for storage now my daughter's grown up a bit , plus a couple of greenhouses.

My Cave if off limits to everyone, it's the only room in the house I can disappear from the World, plug a guitar in and there's only me & the music.

Man cave empty and ready to dismantle and dump........it was quite a job :(
Doing this has made me take a long hard look at the Wild camping and Bushcraft kit I have accumulated.
I will be trimming that down after the holiday too.
Will keep the Slummit tent and a very basic selection of kit for when I fancy a day or two out.

Must say its a nice feeling knowing I have got rid of things I will not use again and just hung onto.........mostly my old working tools.........drills....plastering/Artexing tools......electric planes and jigsaws trowels the list goes on :rolleyes::D
Kept a basic amount for small jobs around the house.

Jobs a good'un :)

What us blokes need is a man cave and a "tat" shed. The Cave for those things we absolutely need near us, and the Tat shed for the stuff we don't use much but don't want to throw away, because we all know as soon as you chuck something out you need it:)

What us blokes need is a man cave and a "tat" shed. The Cave for those things we absolutely need near us, and the Tat shed for the stuff we don't use much but don't want to throw away, because we all know as soon as you chuck something out you need it:)

So true......but we only have a small garden and want to use the space for more relaxing and chilling out.
The pain and distress of it all is diminishing day by day.....the scars will heal.

Don't let her get wise to your new one........just order it secretly........when it turns up.......have a huge smile on your face and say.....Ohh thank you darling.....you really shouldn't have :whistle::D

Back