• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Man Cave

OH has a 40 x 50 ft man cave (it's a barn from when this place was a farm) where l am allowed to keep my (?) lawnmower. l have a 10 x 12 ft shed. OH has just ordered a 15 x 30 ft polytunnel. l have a 10 x 8 ft greenhouse. OH uses the spare bedroom as his "office" although it does have a sofabed for visitor use. l have a bureau in the corner of the dining room which also serves as a bedroom (another sofabed) for my 89 year old mother when she stays due to her difficulty with stairs nowadays. How come all you men have such trouble getting the space you deserve?

Yup!...creosote is nasty....and I love it...living in a wooden house in a part of the country where everything wooden either gets eaten or simply rots away you can't do without creosote or bitumen. :(

Barbara, I think your husband may be taking the piss slightly.....apparently I'm not even allowed my own wardrobe.

Barbara, I think your husband may be taking the piss slightly.....apparently I'm not even allowed my own wardrobe.
l think you mght have something there. But no wardrobe????? Guess what? OH's is bigger than mine!

Yes, it's true but l have a secret weapon - vacuum bags which l keep my out of season clothes in.

You're obviously a very understanding and patient lady Barbara, not to mention practical.

Well.....after emptying the man cave and throwing out the rubbish before our holiday.....I am now left with the job of taking down...... cutting up into manageable pieces............ and dumping the old shed.
Just clearing it out crucified back and I suffered for days afterward:rolleyes:..........so I have to admit defeat and get a man and van in to take down and remove the shed..........a job that would only have taken me about 3hrs years ago :(

Be nice to have the site cleared in readiness for the new shed :thumbsup:..............Not allowed to fill it with my crap though :rolleyes::rofl:

Well, I lost my sensible head......YES............ yet again :D
After talking to a couple of people about dismantling the shed and disposing of it........I thought, sod it.....I will do it myself :rolleyes:
So got the felt off the roof today and removed half of the roof boards........bloody feeling it now though :rolleyes::D

Should only take me another week :rofl::whistle:

Well, I lost my sensible head......YES............ yet again :D
After talking to a couple of people about dismantling the shed and disposing of it........I thought, sod it.....I will do it myself :rolleyes:
So got the felt off the roof today and removed half of the roof boards........bloody feeling it now though :rolleyes::D

Should only take me another week :rofl::whistle:

Seriously now !

Don't go jeopardizing your STAR billing at the meet over this mate ! :sad:

My memory is not THAT good Neil :whistle::D

Number 1 Son has offered to get a friends van and help me remove the rubbish on Saturday PM when he finishes work........bless him.
So we should have a nice clean site and have a good clean up............ in readiness for the new one:thumbsup:

Back