• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Managed to road (snow) test the Iron Wall tent

I really like the look of the ironwall tent and I'm sorely tempted, especially this iron wall 2 version where they've increased the height of the inner, moved the inner door away from the side with the stove jack and improved the tensioning system.
The idea of an insulated footprint for the tent inner sounds like it would be the way to go, possibly even a tarp footprint with fitted roll up or folding foam matt inside the inner to protect the bottom of the tent inner from both sides...the issue then is weight and bulk... Do you make a lightweight four season tent both light or robust...that seems to be the trade off. The toggles don't worry me, giving the loop that the toggle fits through a couple of twists before connecting them makes them tighten up and hold the toggle better...they're the same on Vango.

I had an old bit of 2x3 tarp so cut it in a D shape so the curve can go under the inner and there's a bit of tarp to keep stuff on while leaving the entrance bare (where any rain would drip anyway when the zip is open)
Will still need an insulated roll mat also though.
I will weigh the whole combination when I get the longer pegs (ordered 30cm and received 22cm but they're still 4-5cm longer than the pegs supplied)

Back