• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Marooned with A member from the Forum

I'm bumping this thread, it seemed a bit undersubscribed back in 2017.

In answer to the question in the original post, I have no preference but I refuse to give permission for some greedy bugger to eat one of my limbs...One of the things about being stranded or marooned is that you don't usually get to choose who you're stuck with,.....You only get to choose how you intend to make the best of the situation. What I would value the most is the ability to think outside the box and make the most of each and every resource in order to prosper (without resorting to cannibalism.)
That makes sense. In the unlikely scenario of being stranded with A. N. Other, I'd want them to be strong on areas where I was weak. I'm ok at First Aid but I'm no medic and my foraging knowledge is patchy, they would probably be the areas where I'd hope the other person was more clued up. If she was a 'bang tidy' that would be braw too. ;)

I’ll go for my current camp buddy @Bopdude ..... we get on well together , work well as a team around camp , have complimentary skills ( I think ) and we both like a scoop and decent grub, I’m pretty sure we’d work well together 👍

Dog =
1. No " Why don't we? I think we should "..etc:
2. Faithful
3. Run down game/food much quicker than me and would eat the bits, offal, that I left.
4. Save my calories not having to chase food.
5. Unlikely to murder me in the night.
6. On my side in any battles/fights
7. Good watchman
8. Non complaining
9. Good listener to boring stories
10. Keep me warm at night without wanting to marry me.

Too many reasons to list...
anim_59.gif

Attachments

• anim_59.gif
    anim_59.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 19
ATTENTION!!! Person needed for a theoretical
survival situation 👏🏻 All welcome to apply 👍🏻

Desirable’s
have a LOT off patience and understanding, the willingness to teach and problem solve on the jobs at hand, must be willing to give the occasional piggy back, must have a good sense of humour! This is paramount!! . Must be good with with challenging individuals

Undesirable’s

must not be quick to jump to conclusions, doesn't get angry quickly when dealing with stupid questions (there will be a lot ) must not judge a book by it’s cover, or it’s content

??? Anyone???

Back